Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Adding trim immediately and a modified prop fixed the problems you mentioned for my Lynx. I no longer worry about how much weight is in the front compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Adding trim immediately and a modified prop fixed the problems you mentioned for my Lynx. I no longer worry about how much weight is in the front compartments.
    Who fixed yours? I tried to get in touch with Ronnie. Does anyone have a current number or email?
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

Steve, I had Ronnie work a 24 Fury 3, i run a 26 Bravo 1XS as well and like it best. I'm running a 2018 Lynx with a 250 SHO, I've got 193 hours on it with most of that on big water. Those two props along with keeping the jackplate low take care of any low speed handling difference in the Lynx.

4. Member
    Put a Bravo 1 XS (with PVS holes which you need for hole shot) on it and your bow lift problems will go away. Find someone with a 24 or 25 pitch and try it. I run a 26 on mine with a 300. You do have to get it going to get the front up but with that prop the boat is much more nimble even at slow speeds. Trade off is it is slower than a Fury 3 blade.

Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    Who fixed yours? I tried to get in touch with Ronnie. Does anyone have a current number or email?
    PM SENT
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Not a lynx owner, but I did run a bravo I xs 26p on my 2021 eyra for a while I liked alot about the prop. I would start with a 26 on a lynx with a 250. I was able to test at 25 bravo and it was all over the limiter at 70 mph. Again this is on a eyra. The 26 ran 75.4 just me, and more like 73-74 loaded down for a tournament with a co angler. That was on the new 4s merc v8
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

I’ve got a 25 bravo xs. Midrange was crazy good. Flat on top. I may order a 25
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

8. Member
    I babied about in my Lynx at the start because it felt so diffent than my Puma- it was just very foreign feeling to me in the drivers seat (I've owned I guess a dozen boats over the years, BCB, Ranger, Triton, Champ etc). I wasn't sure I was going to like it after being so used to the puma, and most of my concern was the low speed "wandering" characteristic. As was stated above, I start trimming immediately at holeshot (even if im going on a slow speed move) and seems like a diffent boat to me. It's different, no doubt, but I'm liking mine more ea time out in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12