Advise: Triton TR210X2

I am looking into buying a 2007 Triton TR210X2 and I can't seem to find much information about this boat online. I has a 225 black mercury optimax (non pro XS) with 300 hours on it. It looks like this is a 21 foot boat and I was wondering if it is too little motor for this boat? I know most boats of the same size have 250s on them and I've read tritons of this size can be pretty dang fast. Do you think I can achieve at least 65 mph out of this setup? Also, if you are familiar with this hull, can you give me information such as how it rides and handles and if it would chine walk bad. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Should hit low 70's

3. Member
    That boat will not even sniff 70 with a 225. Way underpowered. You’ll be lucky to see 65. As far as ride it’s excellent. That hull was not a chinewalker and certainly won’t reach enough speed to do so with the 225. I had 2007 200x2 with a 225 for 10 years so I’m real familiar with that hull. It was just a few inches shorter than the 210 and mid 60’s was all it would do no matter engine height or prop. They’re built like a tank though. Very well built.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    That boat will not even sniff 70 with a 225. Way underpowered. You’ll be lucky to see 65. As far as ride it’s excellent. That hull was not a chinewalker and certainly won’t reach enough speed to do so with the 225. I had 2007 200x2 with a 225 for 10 years so I’m real familiar with that hull. It was just a few inches shorter than the 210 and mid 60’s was all it would do no matter engine height or prop. They’re built like a tank though. Very well built.
    Thanks for your reply! I actually have a guy that went to high school with me that messaged and said he would sell a 2001 TR21 with a 225 EFI to me for a few thousand less. I took a test drive last week and I was blown away. It has a 4 blade fury on it and the holeshot was instant and he had it up to 72 mph. I drove it to about 65 before it started trying to walk. I eased off since I've never had a boat walk before so that'll take some getting used to. I'm planning on buying it next week. I'm having my shop look over it to make sure everything is sound and then it'll be mine.

5. Member
    I don’t know how much you fish but if you fish a lot I would highly recommend spending a few extra thousand on a boat with a proxs instead of the efi. The efi’s get terrible fuel mileage, proxs is way more fuel efficient and will save you in the long run if you fish a lot.