T Dub

Believers and Nonbelievers - Heaven and Hell

I pray God speaks to us all, removes all doubt and uncertainty, and reveals his truth and his truth alone.

2. Member
    Tdub, Thanks for posting. I listened to both sermons. I am sure his motives are sincere, his eschatology is so skewed its hard to post a response regarding a 2 hour video.

I will ask this question...................Where in the scriptures is "heaven" mentioned with Golden streets ?

3. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Tdub, Thanks for posting. I listened to both sermons. I am sure his motives are sincere, his eschatology is so skewed its hard to post a response regarding a 2 hour video.

I will ask this question...................Where in the scriptures is "heaven" mentioned with Golden streets ?
    Let's get as many people as possible there and then we can worry about the streets

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    Let's get as many people as possible there and then we can worry about the streets
    Oh man! I REALLY wish we could "like" something on this board.

"Like"

5. Member
    If details don't matter how are we assured that we can "get them there" ?

6. T Dub
    If details don't matter how are we assured that we can "get them there" ?
    A man doesn't need knowledge of a sport to buy a ticket to the game. Let's spread the gospel of Jesus together!

Non-believers, don't let another moment pass without securing your eternal fate!

Admit you are a sinner and have done wrong in life
    Believe that Jesus died and rose again to pay for all sin, including yours
    Call upon his name to save you and accept his grace

If and when possible, follow through in believer's baptism

I will be praying for you all!

7. Member
    Tdub, I usually respond to threads to get people to "think/reason" about the things they teach or post. The bible has very little to say about heaven but it speaks volumes about the Kingdom, The New Jerusalem , The New Creation , Mt Zion the city of the living God.

Hebrews 12:22

Luke 17:21

Revelation 21:12

Ephesians 2:10

Galations 6:15

2 Corinthians 5:16-17

These come to mind ..........................Hope all take the time to read them because details do matter as we share the A,B,C's you mentioned above.

The bible teaches A,B,C's are good and right but also encourages us to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him.

We are on the same team just getting those who are interested in growing to "think/reason"

8. Member
    T Dub,
    Would you buy a ticket to a sport that you had no interest or knowledge? which I don't see much correlation, yet I agree with reaching out and making ourselves available to those that GOD inspires and stimulates to seek salvation. Remember the parable of the sower Jesus taught about salvation, and remember what He instructed for us to do after being saved.

BTW, once I was offered tickets to the PGA Tour at Oakhill after I had worked security at the facility, which I politely turned them down without offending my friend, yet I later accepted an invite of trolling for salmon on his 35' Bertram, though it is not my favorite way of fishing anymore.

9. T Dub
    Forgive my poor analogies. My point was very simple - we may very well be running out of time and we must reach as many lost as possible. If you are secure in your faith, the message likely was not for you. I pray that those who are unsure, have lost their way, or are putting Christ on the back burner will recognize the urgency before it is too late. Taking on 2021 without God will be a nightmare!

10. Member
    Forgive my poor analogies. My point was very simple - we may very well be running out of time and we must reach as many lost as possible. If you are secure in your faith, the message likely was not for you. I pray that those who are unsure, have lost their way, or are putting Christ on the back burner will recognize the urgency before it is too late. Taking on 2021 without God will be a nightmare!

Running out of time, for what ?

11. Member
    T Dub,
    No apology needed brother, and you are right that 2020 was a very challenging year, especially since wife and I did not get to reach out through our ministry at the NYS Fair due to total cancellation to those that need Jesus in their lives. Nevertheless, we were able to reach out through the Open Door Mission to many homeless in need of socks, undergarments, toiletry needs, since throughout the year we collect them from various donation, plus we purchase during deep sales at local stores. Also, we collect used and new bibles that we give away during our various conversations with people in need or those that our Lord sends onto us.
    I pray that the NYS Fair will not be cancelled for 2021, so that we can reach out to many more folks in need at our booth. My wife is a Sunday school teacher, and she is looking forward to be able to resume her sharing with many of the little ones, which is such a joy to us now that ours are all grown and gone. BTW, I agree with you that any missed opportunity could be too late for some folks being saved especially with this chinese virus.

Be well and be safe

12. T Dub
    Every day that passes is a day closer to Jesus’s return - biblical prophesies are being fulfilled

13. Member
    Even more basic. Every day that passes brings US, each of us, to the end of our opportunities to reach someone for Christ.

WE are running out of time.

I there was no God, there would be no Apes!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    I there was no God, there would be no Apes!!