Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

For those that have had covid

Our county rule is after 10 days you can return to work. Employers are saying the same. Issue is what if you're still sick? Were you required to provide a neg test to return? Doesn't make sense to me they tell you that you can return if you're still sick.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    It took me a full 14-16 days to get over mine. The key is have you had any fever or symptoms in the last 24 hours. Those are the CDC guidelines that are included with the 10 days. Yours, like mine went over that 10 day span.

Our plant sends you for a test and if positive, then a 14 day wait before returning to work. I’ve been tested twice. Negative both times.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Our county rule is after 10 days you can return to work. Employers are saying the same. Issue is what if you're still sick? Were you required to provide a neg test to return? Doesn't make sense to me they tell you that you can return if you're still sick.
    Studies have found that after 9 days no live virus can be found.

I was off 2 weeks. But I never really felt bad.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    There are two issues at hand, one is if you are able to infect others and second is if you are physically well enough to work. As previously stated, after 9 or 10 days you should no longer be able to infect others but you may be sick for quite a bit longer. Even an "average" case may take 14 days to recover from and of course there are those that are sick for weeks on end. Where I work, we take a more conservative approach requiring a 14 day quarantine if an employee has a positive test or if they are exposed to someone who tested positive. Since this can create hardship on the employee who may not have sufficient PTO and vacation days to cover this period the company's management team of 7 individuals each donated two weeks of their paid vacation time to a pool that can be used by employees who are impacted by one of these 14 day "off work" periods. Obviously this is a small company of about 135 employees but it has worked out well and we've only had two people test positive thus far and we are based in California with a plant in Michigan. We are very focused on keeping the virus out of our workplaces.

7. Banned
    Might check but I'm pretty sure it's 10 days after your last symptom. My employer told me point blank he didn't give a damn what the cdc said a negative test or stay out.

8. Dogfish_Jones
    Our company does not require you to go back for a negative test after 10 days of being tested positive. I guess the virus cannot spread then, I really do not know that answer. I do know that this stuff is nasty and I never want it again. For me, it hit me worse than the flu.
    Luckily our company will allow you to come back when you feel good enough after the 10 days. They would rather you stay out and them pay us than to risk another person getting infected.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Might check but I'm pretty sure it's 10 days after your last symptom. My employer told me point blank he didn't give a damn what the cdc said a negative test or stay out.
    Its 10 days AFTER first symptom appears per CDC.

Duration of isolation and precautions
    • For most persons with COVID-19 illness, isolation and precautions can generally be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset1 and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications, and with improvement of other symptoms.

10. Member
    If yo are still sick, go to the doctor and seek his care. Get your paperwork for disability. Just like any illness.

11. Member
    Mine was a 10 days. No retest required, just 24 hours with no fever.

the issue is....I never had any fever.

12. Member
    FYI, depending on the test you could show up positive for up to 3 months following the onset of symptoms. We get tested weekly, if you are positive you don't have to test for 90 days. Some symptoms like loss of taste and smell can last a long time. Here is an excerpt from the CDC site about going back to work following having symptoms:

Persons with COVID-19 who have symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:

At least 10 days* have passed since symptom onset and
    At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
    Other symptoms have improved.
    *A limited number of persons with severe illness may produce replication-competent virus beyond 10 days, that may warrant extending duration of isolation for up to 20 days after symptom onset. Consider consultation with infection control experts.

I'm out with it right now. My employers policy states return to work in 10 days or when symptoms have been gone for 48 hours. In all honesty if I didn't have the test saying positive I wouldn't know any different.
    USMC Vet!

14. Banned
    Ok HR called and no re test required. They said not to worry and until you feel better its not a issue. Less stress is good while trying to get over this.

10-14 days, three days with no fever or symptoms before returning to work.

16. Member
    I had a fever for 11 days, out for 14. Tested neg on day 14.

17. Member
    I was out for 3 weeks. My employer suggested a comeback to work after 14 days. Doc said no way. My employer didn't argue and covered my sick time.

18. Member
    I can’t help you if you can’t see it

Is the 10 days a minimum? You have to stay home at least that long and longer in necessary?
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

20. Banned
    Don't get sick so i am good. Retired also and just do whatever i want to do if ok with the wife.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast