Scored a Sig P365!

I bought a S&W Shield 9 with manual safety at the end of August and never fired it, walked in to a LGS Saturday looking for some night sights for my new Glock 17 and low and behold they had a P365 Coyote with a 10rd flat base mag, 10rd pinky extension mag, and a 12rd mag. I went home and grabbed the Shield and instead of putting it on consignment I traded it for $350 cash and bought the P365. They sold me two boxes of ammo although I have plenty so I actually fired this one in their range and it is a sweet little gun. I plan on getting the XL grip module since I have the 12rd mag and trying that configuration out since it's only $60, it'll be like a P365x

2. Member
    The 365 is my EDC go to. 12 round magazine and carry an extra and pocket carry in a Vedder pocket locker......Never leave home without is. I find that the Sig is far less snappy than my Shield was. I thought about the XL but it was just a touch too big to pocket carry for me. Congrats on the score.
    5 Short of a limit

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    The 365 is my EDC go to. 12 round magazine and carry an extra and pocket carry in a Vedder pocket locker......Never leave home without is. I find that the Sig is far less snappy than my Shield was. I thought about the XL but it was just a touch too big to pocket carry for me. Congrats on the score.
    You can swap the trigger group into an XL grip module ($60) and it will take the standard slide and barrel you just need to remove the sleeve from the 12rd magazine, hence me calling it the P365X as it is like a hybrid. I'm going to give it a shot just because I like to tinker, the grip length will essentially be the same as having the 12rd magazine in.

4. Member
    I found a Springfield Hellcat first and bought it. Gave my brother a bargain on my Shield 9. The Hellcat is very small, and I didn’t have any problems with it, except that I could hit anything with it. I made 4 or 5 range trips with it, and just was not accurate with it. So I put it on consignment, later the same week I found a P365, the Tac PAC with night sights and 3 magazines. Transformed my shooting, it’s even better than the Shield and no comparison to the Hellcat I had. Two weeks later Academy had a P365XL and I bought that too. No big advantage to the XL for me, except that I can mount a red dot sight. I don’t shoot the XL any better than I do the standard P365.

CEStratton ... I may buy a standard grip module for my XL, the only reason I haven’t done it already is that I’d need to buy at least two more P365 mags. My XL is from Academy, and has a gray grip module with the safety. I didn’t catch that before I bought it, didn’t even know they made a thumb safety version. But it’s very easy to remove.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

5. Member
    I like the P365. Wish the mags weren't so blasted expensive. I'm considering a Wright leather OWB holster for this weapon. What have you all found that you like in holsters?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I like the P365. Wish the mags weren't so blasted expensive. I'm considering a Wright leather OWB holster for this weapon. What have you all found that you like in holsters?
    the only holster I have so far is a versacarry OWB. It’s nothing special, but it is cheap.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

did a little gun shopping for the wife for christmas this year and found a lot of the dealers around here had the 365. i have looked at them before and just didnt care for how they felt in my hand for some reason. really wanted them to but just couldnt bring myself to buy one.
    bought the wife a Kimber Micro 9.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    did a little gun shopping for the wife for christmas this year and found a lot of the dealers around here had the 365. i have looked at them before and just didnt care for how they felt in my hand for some reason. really wanted them to but just couldnt bring myself to buy one.
    bought the wife a Kimber Micro 9.
    I came very very close to buying a Micro 9 in desert tan with the laser grips around July but just couldn't bring myself to dropping that much on a smaller weapon although I really liked the feel. The standard size 365 with the 12rd magazine feels a lot better than with the 10rd, that is why I am going to get the XL grip module and transfer everything over to it since mine came with a 12rd mag.

9. Member
    I did the XL grip module swap.

20210128_223121.jpg