Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bass boat tech or precision sonar

Hi I'm looking for a dual mount for my console. I'm curious which one of these two options I should get between the bass boat tech and the precision sonar one. Also curious if either one of you have issues seeing over the top of. Any help or feedback is appreciated. I have a ranger 2020 520c as well for specs.

Thanks

2. Member
    Following. Looking at a single mount Carbon 12. Seeking same feedback on seeing over the steering wheel on a ‘05 521VX.

Thanks

I’ve only used BBT duals on my console...very solid mounts...great product with good service. I’m 5’8 and no problem seeing over dual 12’s

I've used both mounts and personally I prefer the BassBoatTech (BBT) mostly due to the horizontal view angle I can get my graphs to.

The Precision Sonar (PS) mount is a flat block with the adjustable gimbal brackets (replaces your factory bracket) coming straight out of the dash plate to your unit.
    This allows for more adjustability in the vertical view angle.
    https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...tems/sxs-rccms
    (See pictures 29-31)

On the BBT mount the gimbal mounting plate comes is a separate plate that comes of the dash plate at a slight wide angle "L" in which your factory gimbal brackets sit on top of the plate. (see picture below).

And because the mounting holes are slots, you can adjust the horizontal angle of your graph to face inwards.
    Also, at the top of the plate you can see two round bumpers. These are a third point of contact for each graph to help reduce vibration. Their rubberized and adjustable depending on the angle you set up your units.

Both units are built extremely well but in the end I prioritize my horizontal view angle over the vertical view angle.
    united in the pursuit of bass.

5. Member
    i ve had both . have nothing bad to say about either one. both are solid mounts, both have adjustability. neither obstruct your vision. bbt uses the factory bracket. precision sonar . i used the bracket they have.. cant lose either way you go.. my opinion

6. Member
    I've had BBT mounts and now have Boat Logix mounts on current boat. No complaints for either one.
    Joey Aderhold

7. Member
    I have precision sonar dual console mount on my 18 Z520c with no complaints. Built like a tank.

Pretty sold on BBT. Had dual 12' mounted on my last 2 rigs, rock solid. Friend runs precision sonar, rock solid units as well. Got another graph ordered for the front, already ordered another BBT stack mount.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

9. Member
    I've only ran BBT and no complaints here. Solid as a rock.

I went with Precision SONAR because a steering wheel spacer was required for single HDS BBT console mount. I can see the entire screen on my HDS12.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

11. Member
    Precision was my route, with no regrets. Couldnt get past the price difference for steel mount.
    2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS - HDS Carbon 16 & HDS Carbon 12 - Minn Kota Ultrex

12. Member
    I still have console mount available for C model

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1092845

13. Member
    Precision for my bow mount. No complaints at all.

14. Member
    I have BBT at console for 2 units and 1 at bow and I love them. This is my opinion I looked at precision and decided that for me BBT was the way to go. I can't and will not state that one is better then the other everyone has their own needs.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I went with Precision SONAR because a steering wheel spacer was required for single HDS BBT console mount. I can see the entire screen on my HDS12.
    That right there is what I dont like about my BBT on my C. That spacer makes the steering wheel and trim feel very weird, solid mount though.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbecnel View Post
    i ve had both . have nothing bad to say about either one. both are solid mounts, both have adjustability. neither obstruct your vision. bbt uses the factory bracket. precision sonar . i used the bracket they have.. cant lose either way you go.. my opinion
    This

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Shoot me a call!

270-703-6133

Thickest plate material on the market (1/4 aircraft aluminum)

Includes the heavy duty gimbal bracket.

Solid as a rock!

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...-systems/rccms

18. Member
    [QUOTE=electritek;11591455]Pretty sold on BBT. Had dual 12' mounted on my last 2 rigs, rock solid. Friend runs precision sonar, rock solid units as well. Got another graph ordered for the front, already ordered another BBT stack mount.[/QUOTE

electritek, I have dual BBT bow mounts like you are going to. Love the mount, but fighting the stiff Ultrex cable that needs to lay a perfect way or else the TM will lockup. Not sure what my solution is long term, but it is causing problems. I am having the softer jacket that MK is currently using installed Jan 25 by MK ASC, hopefully that will help and I can get the cable laying where it needs to be.

If anyone else has this problem and a good solution short of cutting of the MK jacket, please let me know.

19. Member
    Precision Sonar dual mount on my 2014 with dual 12” helix. I take my graphs off on long trips to prevent damage of theft, I found their mount easier to take apart but very solid and clean. I’m 6’1”, no issues seeing over or around... very good people and service
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

20. Member
    BBT on my last two boats and no complaints. But I hear good things about PS also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast