Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Both are great products.

I would encourage you to compare the Precision Sonar Smart Brackets to the hardware on other mounting systems and then decide. I prefer the Smart Brackets approach and feel its more stable, robust, and looks better to me.

Both seem to be great products.....I prefer the PS as I felt my HDS12 on the BBT sat higher than the PS
    Boatless

Update...as you can see the BBT sits higher. I preferred the Precision.

BBT-

Precision-

Boatless

large.jpg

I’ve been running a BBT bow dual mount on my boat for 3 or 4 years. Solid as rock. I talked to Christy today at BBT when she called me a small order I placed online over the weekend. I ordered a HydroWave bracket that will bolt to my dual stack. I’m sure both companies have great service, but BBT proved it to me today.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

[QUOTE=RGK456;11609483]
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Pretty sold on BBT. Had dual 12' mounted on my last 2 rigs, rock solid. Friend runs precision sonar, rock solid units as well. Got another graph ordered for the front, already ordered another BBT stack mount.[/QUOTE

electritek, I have dual BBT bow mounts like you are going to. Love the mount, but fighting the stiff Ultrex cable that needs to lay a perfect way or else the TM will lockup. Not sure what my solution is long term, but it is causing problems. I am having the softer jacket that MK is currently using installed Jan 25 by MK ASC, hopefully that will help and I can get the cable laying where it needs to be.

If anyone else has this problem and a good solution short of cutting of the MK jacket, please let me know.
    I had the same concern with the BBT big foot mount and TM wiring. Previously had a Lowrance and MG TM, always had to kick the TM wires aside. Finished the install today with BBT Big Foot and deployed TM and stored a couple times. TM wiring slides across top of front graph and when the TM stores, cables lay down on deck, all is good, don't have to kick it.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

6. Member
    Thanks for posting the pics. It does seem lower than the BBT's. I guess it all depends on how tall you are when your in the drivers seat.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. It does seem lower than the BBT's. I guess it all depends on how tall you are when your in the drivers seat.
    DEFINITELY noticeably lower....I am 5'9" and it was a bit restricting. I suppose if you are 5'11" or taller it's probably not an issue.
    Boatless

8. Member
    Been using the BBT mounts since Van came to our shop in 2012 to get measurements off my 2012 Z520C, probably sold more mounts than any one else and never had one customer come back complaining but had a lot come back to reorder new boats with BBT mounts. I am 5'10" tall and never had any kind of issue seeing over my twin 12 at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I am 5'10" tall and never had any kind of issue seeing over my twin 12 at the console.
    Wasn't much of an "issue", the PS just provided me a bit more field of vision.
    I also felt the BBT mount was not a stable as the PS only because it uses the stock brackets.
    Boatless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12