Thread: AVX cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVX cover

Sorry if this has been discussed before but how are the covers? My boat will be stored outside. Waterproof, fit tight, quality? Order the cover or do a custom cover somewhere else?

also do they do a motor cover?

The new Vexus cover with the vents are awesome. It's a tight fit and good quality. Pretty much waterproof but noticed a little water with a serious down pour but not very much. It's more like a small area of the carpet that may be damp. Drys out easily due to the vents. I definitely recommend the cover. I ordered the motor cover through Mercury.

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Helix 12 and 9

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz70b View Post
    The new Vexus cover with the vents are awesome. It's a tight fit and good quality. Pretty much waterproof but noticed a little water with a serious down pour but not very much. It's more like a small area of the carpet that may be damp. Drys out easily due to the vents. I definitely recommend the cover. I ordered the motor cover through Mercury.
    This is my experience as well. I would not store mine outside with the cover because my front deck gets wet even when I use the storage props that come with it. I think I would have a moldy mess.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

My boats have always been outside. After several years my ranger cover would leak. I am sure the vexus cover will do the same. During the winter months I keep fan in the boat under the cover and run it to move the air. Never had a mold problem. I feel the sun does more damage than a little water. My boat will never be inside. It will do better being outside than my tools.

5. Moderator
    Do the new covers fit with a longer shaft then 45" trolling motor??
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

6. Member
    I have no choice but to store my boat outside. So far I have gone through 2 South Florida summers with this cover. The 3 things I have noticed so far is, the cover color has faded from black to gray charcoal, the center seam leaks, and black padding inside various parts of the cover shed black lint. When I uncover the boat, the console, TM, and parts of the gunnel are all covered with black lint. I don't know if this is normal wear since this is my first legit boat cover. The cover has a 7 year warranty if I'm not mistaken, I don't know if the cover is going to make it that long.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

7. Member
    When a hurricane comes through my area I pull my boat to a neighbors place and park in a field because there are no trees there to fall on it. With the cover on tight in a cat3 hurricane just a little water got through. However, the cover is starting to show what I would call premature wear after 1.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dartman View Post
    Not sure the new cover will fit with a longer shaft then 45" trolling motor but the new cover will fit with the Humminbird 360. The old cover did not fit with the 360.

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Helix 12 and 9

I think the factory cover is ok. I used seam sealer on the seams and that slowed/stopped water intrusion at those points. I also sprayed it down with Camp Dry to help with overall water repelency.

The one thing I was really disappointed in was the size of the cut out for the motor at the splash well. I live in the woods and the size of that opening allows a ton of leaves and pine needles to get blown in to the boat.

I had a heavy canvas/duc cover made that gives me more coverage and is heavier duty. I am using that for winter storage but will continue to use the factory cover during the rest of the year. I’m also going to see if I can get the opening in the back addressed to reduce the amount of stuff that gets blown in

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartman View Post
    My cover fits just fine on my 2080 with 52” ultrex.

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    My cover fits just fine on my 2080 with 52” ultrex.
    Vexus sent me a cover for a 2080 because cover that came with my 1980 didn't fit with 52" shaft. Mine is the old style cover. The cover works but not that good when traveling with cover on. I get rub Mark's on side of boat up by trolling motor. Was thinking about getting new style.

What is the difference in the new style. Is it still made by Dean's.

13. Member
    I have been super happy with the cover it has nice stainless ratchets that are enclosed in a soft pouch on each side for tightening. If your just covering for overnight without towing there are easy confidence straps at the back that you can quickly clasp

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    What is the difference in the new style. Is it still made by Dean's.
    The old cover has one retch on one side and no vents. Not sure if there are any side straps.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz70b View Post
    thanks I will probably order the vexus cover and put additional tarp over when storing for longer periods of time.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    My boats have always been outside. After several years my ranger cover would leak. I am sure the vexus cover will do the same. During the winter months I keep fan in the boat under the cover and run it to move the air. Never had a mold problem. I feel the sun does more damage than a little water. My boat will never be inside. It will do better being outside than my tools.
    not sure I would want to keep an extension cord and fan going for extended periods of time at the lake house since we don’t live there. Wonder how long a battery operated fan would run?��*♂️ I like the idea of air movement.

17. Member
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post
    not sure I would want to keep an extension cord and fan going for extended periods of time at the lake house since we don’t live there. Wonder how long a battery operated fan would run?��*♂️ I like the idea of air movement.
    I usually keep one going on a timer. Two hours on and two hours off.

19. Member
    My cover has been great.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsr View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but how are the covers? My boat will be stored outside. Waterproof, fit tight, quality? Order the cover or do a custom cover somewhere else?

also do they do a motor cover?
    Check RMP for motor cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast