Mercury 200 Pro XS with digital hot foot throttle response

I have the digital throttle and hotfoot on my Lund 1875 Bass.
    The throttle response it just crazy to the point any decent waves cause your foot to move slightly and the boat will abruptly slow or lunge.

My dealer isn't very knowledgeable when it comes to these motors. I'm told there's no adjustability and it's just the way it is.

However, it's just flat out annoying. When the motor is at max throttle, there is still a good couple inches of motion in the hotfoot. The hand throttle is also very touchy so it's not a fault of the hotfoot.

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the throttle curve of these motors? Is it something not allowed by mercury even? I'm familiar with tuners for cars and have a Holley EFI system on my car. It's not exactly rocket science to edit something like this.

Or is my dealer just reluctant to help out and just telling me there's nothing that can be done?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Throttle and shift can be configured or adapted, but that does not alter the response time to changes made in throttle position. Response will be virtually instantaneous, and that cannot be altered.

On the panel-mount or binnacle DTS controls, there is a Shift Detent and a Throttle Friction adjustment that can be made. These may increase the amount of effort required, which may make you slightly more comfortable with operating the control handle (note: "adjustments" such as these are not normally covered under warranty).

There is also a spring-tension adjustment, AND a WOT position STOP adjustment for the hotfoot. It is necessary to perform an adaption of the controls again if any of the position adjustments are altered (not necessarily required for simply adjusting the spring).

Service Manual 8M0093272, Pages 6A-7 through 6A-10 cover the proper installation, adjustment and configuration of the foot throttle assembly.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 01-07-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I have the digital throttle and I like it. The hotfoot seems fine to me but I have not had a hotfoot in awhile. The hand throttle is definitely touchy but they both produce the same RPM's (have you checked this yet?). This will confirm that you do not need the extra travel that you think is left in the hotfoot.