Thread: Boots

Boots

What kind of boots do you fellas wear ice fishing

2. Member
    So I wear Kamik ice breakers. They are cheap, $65, and they are solid rubber and super warm. I also like that after a few years when the liners wear out you can buy new liners for like $25. I wear my boots for work as well and made it over 2 years before I wore the liners out.

The more you spend you get better quality, not knocking Kamik there buddy but the majority of hard core ice fishers up here use Baffin. Also helps if you get them a size bigger so that you can wear either thicker wool socks or doubling up on your socks with a silk sock as a liner first which draws the moisture away.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

4. Member
    I use Irish setter insulated neoprene boots. They are so ridiculously warm I usually wear just plain cotton ankle socks and my feet still sweat. Best pair of ice fishing boots I’ve ever owned. They also are designed with a taper that kind of lock onto your ankle so you’re not sliding around in them
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    No worries on the knock, I have heard baffin boots were really good. We just never get the true cold for me to justify buying them. If I lived in Manitoba yes I would have a pair...

How's fishing down south there friend? We have not had a real cold winter yet so ice is acting up. Even though twenty plus inches its still moving and expanding, we had a crack on the big lake that shook the ice that we were standing on for about five seconds and continued to rumble for another twenty seconds further north. Opened up a crack three feet wide in places and there were a few popups sitting right on the fracture..

On the note on boots is to make sure that they are always dry when you wear them so put them over a heat vent after use..
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

7. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions guys

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanwinter View Post
    How's fishing down south there friend? We have not had a real cold winter yet so ice is acting up. Even though twenty plus inches its still moving and expanding, we had a crack on the big lake that shook the ice that we were standing on for about five seconds and continued to rumble for another twenty seconds further north. Opened up a crack three feet wide in places and there were a few popups sitting right on the fracture...
    Ice and weather are horrible this year. Started making ice then we got 2 ft of snow then 60 degrees and rain. Caught some fish on the few times I felt safe to venture out. Ice is stabilizing now and by the weekend I should be good. Not a fun fishing when your wondering if with your next step you are going swimming.
    I dont know what I would do if I saw a 3 ft crack open up

when you are on a snowmobile you just crank her up and ride over it. Truck you have to drive around until you find a spot that is closed or almost closed and change your drawers after,,,,,Tight line there good buddy.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

10. Member
    Baffin eiger

they are the warmest boots you’ll find and you can walk easily in them because the insulation grabs your feet making them not slip when you walk. They aren’t 100% waterproof though. But it’s only a problem when there’s like 4 inches of water on top of the ice.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

11. Member
    I wear Korker Snowmageddon boots. They are very warm, but warmth wasn't my main concern, I don't typical have trouble keeping my feet warm. Wearing ice cleats always hurt my feet. these boots have a changeable sole, one sole is just like a regular boot and the other has carbide studs. These studs are spaced out more and across the entire sole making them much more comfortable. Now if I'm ice fishing a lake without snow I run the carbide studded soles and if the lake is covered in snow I use the regular soles.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

12. Member
    Smart wool socks and Boggs boots, but I don't go on the ice when it is extremely cold.