Another best month on Green River Lake ? FALL

So in another thread I asked about the best month in the spring to hit the lake. To ask the opposite what would you consider the best month in the fall? I dont hit the stands so depending on availability it might be easier / better for me to go a month straight in the fall. I however am not nearly as familiar with fishing down there in the fall as I am in the spring.

Main thing would be Bass / Crappie. When I say a month it could be half of one month and half another.

Thanks.

Nov/dec thanksgiving tournament usually take 18/22# to win

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009joeyfish View Post
    Nov/dec thanksgiving tournament usually take 18/22# to win
    That makes sense. I never fish that tournament but follow the results.

4. Member
    November would get my vote. September and october are ususlly tough out there and if it gets cold the 2nd half of december can be brutal. Id take a bad month of april over a good month of november for bass and crappie though if you have the option.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

The Corps of Engineers is throwing a curve ball this time ...with that being said the 30 day period preceding the winter draw down. I have seen the winter draw down start as early as November 15 but its also started as late as a couple days before Thanksgiving. "typically" it gets into full swing just after the 15 th, thus making my formal answer October 15 thru November 15.

I do recall having one particular day last fall that was excellent. It was November 9 2020...how do I remember this...well I just looked at the pictures on my phone and they have a time stamp. A few shorts and zero keepers from daylight until 10 AM. Then at exactly 10 AM per time stamp on my pictures I caught a good one. It took me 1 hour and 18 minutes to catch 4 more so my 5th keeper came at 11:18. It was definitely 5 for around 20 or slightly over 20 which is very solid for the month of November. I did not weigh them but I feel confident in my estimate. I very seldom fish a tournament and if my memory is correct the last tournament I fish on Green was 11/11/2018 and we finished 1st with 16.90... so I guess early November shows decent numbers based on my history. Now with that being said I particularly don't care for Green in the fall...I prefer Barren
    Last edited by JR19; 01-03-2021 at 11:33 PM.

6. Member
    I was there this past Thanksgiving weekend. I did terrible bass and crappie. Yes the black friday tournament had a huge 1st place bag but I think the rest of the field was tough.