Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    No, I was referring to Mikes video in post#8.
    oh gotcha with all those giant pictures mike posts I missed the video ....

Funny!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. mikesxpress
    Kevin its the video of PPs in actual 2 foot swells on a bass boat. Not the promotional one of PPs on a flats boat next to a dock with no swells.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Kevin its the video of PPs in actual 2 foot swells on a bass boat. Not the promotional one of PPs on a flats boat next to a dock with no swells.
    yes I did see it great video and great example Mike. As i said above it go lost in that sea of giant photos you posted of tip spikes sorry i missed it.

5. Member
    I can't speak for Raptor's but I have run 8 and 12 foot Talons and now 10 foot blades. IMO the Blades hold better in rough water, are much quieter that the Talons and honestly their service and technical teams are much easier to reach. Also have the whole system including the Power-Pole charge hooked up and monitored thru the C-Monster application. I ran the Talons for about 5 years on two different boats and found that any type of servicing was a real pain, and after about 2 years they squealed really bad until the day I sold them. I have fished in heavy current on rivers and rough wind, and maybe its the fact that they have a wider deployment stance they seem to hold no matter what I have thrown at them. I also paired them with the Talon tilt brackets from my previous Talon install and now I have the ability to lower them flat if I need to. Great set-up for what I was looking for. Also because I don't run any Johnston outdoors gear on my rig it was the best option for me. But again it's JMO
    Risen From The Ashes!!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    I can't speak for Raptor's but I have run 8 and 12 foot Talons and now 10 foot blades. IMO the Blades hold better in rough water, are much quieter that the Talons and honestly their service and technical teams are much easier to reach. Also have the whole system including the Power-Pole charge hooked up and monitored thru the C-Monster application. I ran the Talons for about 5 years on two different boats and found that any type of servicing was a real pain, and after about 2 years they squealed really bad until the day I sold them. I have fished in heavy current on rivers and rough wind, and maybe its the fact that they have a wider deployment stance they seem to hold no matter what I have thrown at them. I also paired them with the Talon tilt brackets from my previous Talon install and now I have the ability to lower them flat if I need to. Great set-up for what I was looking for. Also because I don't run any Johnston outdoors gear on my rig it was the best option for me. But again it's JMO
    great feedback

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Holding power tip:

If your use of these "poles" is commonly done on a rocky/oyster covered bottoms, you can enhance the holding ability and longevity by addressing the tips. The stake tips round off almost instantly in these conditions, and your just going to be pinging along the bottom in wind/current. I got my worn stakes replaced 2 years ago and
    made/installed these HD 316 SS tips on the new stakes. They still look like the day I put them there and my holding power is better than it ever was.

I need some of those, I don't know why but I do. I was kind of disappointed when there wasn't a spike on my "spike"

8. Member
    Cool would you be willing to post those plan for dimensions.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

9. mikesxpress
    Maybe Kevin can sticky this to assist others?

I opted to manufacture my own HD tips that could be removed/replaced as necessary. I did find some other tips that could be glued on but based on my previous wear, I wanted the ability to R&R them if they got damaged.

The following information will assist you:

1. The end of the spike must be flat. If you don't have new spikes you will need to square off the worn ends. This is necessary to prevent and voids/rocking of the tips.
    2. If your not a machinist, and your having a shop make these, take both spikes to them. (Mark the spikes showing the area facing rearward before removal.)
    3. The +.005 max tolerance shown is based on a set of the new black spikes. You will need to check yours. I did lightly sand mine to facilitate getting them on/off with a light coating of Dawn.
    4. I suggest the shop use a two flute end mill in the tool post to get the required flat bottom hole.
    5. Once the tips are slipped onto the spikes and bottomed out with the tapped holes facing rearward (when mounted on boat), use a transfer punch and mark thru both holes onto the spike.
    6. Remove the tips and drill a .190 pock mark at both transfer marks. This should not be any more than
    .060 deep!
    7. Re-install the tips and align the holes using 316 SS 10-24 socket head cap screws cut to a length that will allow only two threads to show when tightened.
    8. A shot of brake cleaner in each of the holes will displace the Dawn. Install the cap screws with blue/removable Lock-Tite.

If you carry your remote in the truck, you can conduct praying mantis hood poking operations on that Honda Civic that gets to close at the stop light. Or gigging flounder....

If you do not have the ability to make a set, Hydrilla Gear makes them. https://hydrillagear.com/products/ss-broadhead-kit

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    yap as said above was going to say take a look at hydrillagear product..

12. BBC SPONSOR

Thumbs Up

Seems this thread has been hijacked from the OP..

I will post since it's regarding tips. We have been selling SS tips for some time now for both Power Poles and Raptors. We offer discounted pricing to all BBC members contact me direct anytime 954-917-0634

You will find a simple call or text is worth the time spent trying to machine these on your own I am sure. But hey have at it

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Seems this thread has been hijacked from the OP..

I will post since it's regarding tips. We have been selling SS tips for some time now for both Power Poles and Raptors. We offer discounted pricing to all BBC members contact me direct anytime 954-917-0634

You will find a simple call or text is worth the time spent trying to machine these on your own I am sure. But hey have at it
    Do you ship to Canada? If so how would I order them Thx
    Risen From The Ashes!!

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Will give Rich a chance to respond to last post and then close this one as its been hijacked and is way off topic as Rich said.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Will give Rich a chance to respond to last post and then close this one as its been hijacked and is way off topic as Rich said.
    Thanks
    Risen From The Ashes!!

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks Kevin will send him PM.. Yes Canada is fine

17. Member
    Sent Rich a PM and will call him tomorrow you can now close the thread with my appreciation
    Risen From The Ashes!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12