Fury 4 or Bravo?

I have been reading a ton of threads about the best 4 blade for my 721. It seems there is an equal amount of giys that would pop up into threads and say they had one or the other. Some posted negative reviews about each one but a lot of those threads were from when Fury 4s were newer and not a lot of guys tried them.

I'm trying to set my boat up for St Clair and Erie this year. Hoping now that some time has passed more guys will have reviews.. Anyone tried both props on a 2 stroke mercury and can give their feedback/differences between the two?
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

2. Member
    Fury 4 all day

3. Member
    Why is that?

4. Member
    you need a hydro jack plate to make adjustments from rough water to calm water in my opinion
    I prefer the bravo xs due to a tad more speed over the fury 4... again my opinion.... going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade you are loosing speed but gaining whole shot and mid range and a tad better handling along with easier driving and the 4 blade does a tad better in rough water... this is only my opinion.. you can call mercury racing and speak with them.... I also think the barrel of a bravo xs is shorter than a furry 4

5. Member
    I have asked the same question. Difference in performance between the Bravo xs and Fury 4. I know the Fury overall is a stiffer prop.
    But overall what's the difference in performance.
    I do know the Fury 4 will load the boat on the trailer as hard as the Fury 3. It give more lift at lower speeds and handles turning better than the 3 blade.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    I do have a hydraulic plate. I am concerned about metal stiffness as well. Is a softer metal going to lose its cupping easier?

7. Member
    Wall is correct, the Fury is a great prop and faster, but the Bravo beats it everywhere else. The Bravo is awesome in rough water, I can drop the motor down, tuck the motor in a little and run 60+ in white caps on Rayburn. For flat out speed the Fury is hands down a faster prop on my boat, but rarely do I ever run it flat out. I really haven't paid attention to fuel consumption between the props. The Bravo is a more forgiving prop and easier to drive. I dont think you can go wrong with a Bravo, my 721 loves it.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Member
    In regards to speed, wall said Bravo was faster.

Can you elaborate what it does differently on really rough water and how it will benefit?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    In regards to speed, wall said Bravo was faster.

Can you elaborate what it does differently on really rough water and how it will benefit?
    He was talking about a Fury 4, my Fury is a 27 3 blade and the Bravo is also a 27...I run mid 80 with fury and 79-80 with Bravo. Any 4 blade will have more bite in the water over a 3 blade.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

10. Member
    I love my Bravo but do not run it because it will not load my boat on the trailer. No matter what I do it will not push it the last foot and half up on the trailer. That is my only issue. I have a Hyd. Plate so I can adjust etc. I have tried in OK, MO and KS different lakes different ramps just does not have the guts to push it up on trailer. I can max it out on Hyd Plate all the way up. Mine was work by Croxton too.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max