Happy new year!!!

Happy new year. Ready to make 2021 great! Planning on fishing hard and doing by best every time out. I’m going to work hard everyday at my job and do my best. Most importantly be a good dad and husband. Hope to try and camp more with family, hoping c-19 will slow and we can get out more earlier in the year.
    So I was getting gas today and saw a guy in ice fishing gear, he was going to Anita said the ice was 4” to 5” thick.... I might think about try some ice fishing if it stays cold? How about you guys what are your plans/goals for 2021. I sure wouldn’t mind trying a tournament this year as well. We will see how it goes this will be a busy year for sure!!

2. Member
    No big changes for me, Redog. Continue to be a good dad, husband, employee, citizen, etc. We plan to fish the same lakes and catch fish like we always do. It will be nice to get back to doing trips with friends. Missed our yearly Thunderhead and Prairie du Chien trips this past year due to you know what. Might fish a tourney or two this year as I haven't fished any the past few years. (With the exception of Thunderhead spring tourney a couple years ago.) We'll see how things play out. Also, we might make some time in the next few weeks to fish the Saylorville spillway. We used to fish it all the time when I was in my twenties and catch quite a few walleyes. Time to make some new memories with my son.

3. Member
    Sounds like a great time fishing a spillway with your son!!

I’m late to this party but Happy New Years! I don’t particularly have any resolutions but there are some changes in my future. I’ll be moving to Illinois in March.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I’m late to this party but Happy New Years! I don’t particularly have any resolutions but there are some changes in my future. I’ll be moving to Illinois in March.
    I hope you are still able to make fishing videos? I hope you are around some good water to. Hopefully Illinois has a good DNR, for the most part Iowa has great parks and lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I hope you are still able to make fishing videos? I hope you are around some good water to. Hopefully Illinois has a good DNR, for the most part Iowa has great parks and lakes.
    Oh I’ll still be making videos! That won’t change no matter where I go. As far as the fishing in IL, I’m told that it’s not that good. But I’ll be a couple of hours from lake of the Ozarks and KY Lake. So I’ll still be around some good fishing.

7. Banned
    Booooooo.... you going to Scott AFB?
    I hope you enjoyed fishing the western Iowa lakes. It was fun the few times we got out together before I moved. I'm sure you'll probably be missing Green Valley and Carter quite a bit
    If you ever want to plan a trip to Boji, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    Booooooo.... you going to Scott AFB?
    I hope you enjoyed fishing the western Iowa lakes. It was fun the few times we got out together before I moved. I'm sure you'll probably be missing Green Valley and Carter quite a bit
    If you ever want to plan a trip to Boji, let me know
    I doubt I make it back to Boji again but you will get the first person I call if I do.

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I doubt I make it back to Boji again but you will get the first person I call if I do.
    good, hate when you show the jig bite at bojioI love pitching a jig on East and the smaller lakes
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    good, hate when you show the jig bite at bojioI love pitching a jig on East and the smaller lakes
    Ha! It is pretty damn good there!

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you are pcs’ing. I work right across the runway from you at the fire dept. Always figured I’d run into you on a lake someday
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Sorry to hear you are pcs’ing. I work right across the runway from you at the fire dept. Always figured I’d run into you on a lake someday
    I think I might have met you at your work one day. I had to stop by there and talk to some folks when I moved here. That was maybe in April of 2017. I talked to someone there that’s a bass angler.