Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

GAMBLER BOATS MUST WATCH

Couldn't make it past 5 min.(and I love Gamblers) That dude is SERIOUSLY long winded-babbling.
    Never the less it'll be cool to see some new boats get built this year hopefully. Wishing the new ownership much success !
    Last edited by white gambler; 01-01-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Terrible video, I called and priced a new Sterling, crazy high prices for a start up company. Just my thoughts.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

I’m glad they’re being built again buttttt don’t think the vid helps anything.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    I don't know who that guy is or care to know who that guy is, but not helping the cause in my opinion. Classifying a Champion above a 2000 and newer Gambler/Sterling is completely insane.
    That dude obviously had no experience in a modern Gambler and he admitted no knowledge of a Sterling.

3 Gamblers and now in a Sterling, from 1990 183, 2001 Intimidator 2000, 2005 Intimidator 2000, 2010 Sterling 22.

Gambler/Sterling has always been a custom boat in my eyes. If I want the quality and the expense that comes with CUSTOM, I for sure want to pick my colors and setup.
    From what I hear the new owner is trying to set up dealer network, that will be a failure in my opinion. The first major failure will be the new owner's pricing.

The new owner's pricing made my decision to repower my 2010 Sterling a whole lot easier.

6. Member
    Hey Gambler/Sterling take care of the thousands of boat owners on the water before you start spitting out more.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

7. Member
    Not a gambler guy but could be, like the boat but hate the way it sets in the water. Can you get them to level out.
    2016 Phoenix 920,Garmin's 7600's, Power Poles,Lithium Pros,Rigid Industries

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xd View Post
    Not a gambler guy but could be, like the boat but hate the way it sets in the water. Can you get them to level out.
    no, that’s part of the boats style.

This guy is long-winded and kinda hard to follow but I can appreciate his passion! I am excited to see what the future holds for Gambler.
    Glowin' Thanks to Bluewater LEDs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xd View Post

The Sterling 22 doesn't sit @ss heavy. You can level out any model just with moving T-motor batteries to center compartment OR switching to lithium batteries.

11. Member
    I get that these new Gamblers are out of most people's price range, but you gotta understand that these are a hand built, bespoke product. I've been deeper into my 209 than I maybe ever should have, and being a mechanical/manufacturing engineer for a living, I would NOT want to build bass boats, let alone a liner built boat like a Gambler for profit. It's extremely expensive and time consuming to do this stuff. Otherwise, I'm glad that they're back, and the new owner knows his stuff.

12. Member
    My gambler sits very low in the rear. If I ever get too old to walk up the hill to the deck, I'll probably buy a......

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyjohn-p View Post
    My gambler sits very low in the rear. If I ever get too old to walk up the hill to the deck, I'll probably buy a......
    another one

14. Member
    What was the price for a new Sterling?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Terrible video, I called and priced a new Sterling, crazy high prices for a start up company. Just my thoughts.
    What was the price quote for new Sterling?

I would guess that the price would be on par with every other manufacture building boats.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    What the hell did he just say, sounds like some politicians rambling nonsense, can't even read his own email

I all boils down to a Startup company. Having owned 3 G boats, I knew the quality was there.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    What was the price quote for new Sterling?
    I think base model was being advertised around $80K with the Upper models north of $100K.

If they're pricing the boats at 80k-100k, then that is comparable to a new Johnny Morris Ranger of similar size...you pick what you'd rather own.