spoon fishing info

have been a avid blade fisherman for 20 plus years. I have a box full of spoons a guy gave me many years ago and never use them. need to know how ,where and what reel speed,rod and line to use. I have put new hooks and rings on 15-20 different colors and weights ,colors. any help really appreciated. want to try some water on hot discharges in the next 6 weeks.

2. Member
    Basic reel ok, what ever you got. High speed might be handy when spoon gets tangle and you gotta reel it in quick. 10-14# mono. I had better luck with a 6 ft rod, it seemed to move the spoon less than a longer rod.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

3. Member
    thank you sir !

4. Member
    I saw some painted spoons offered by some walleye company's that looked nice. Was on a budget back then. I bet white spoons be good. I used jigging spoons year round when I got started in bass tournaments. I actually prefered them over blade baits. Right now all I get left in the heavy metal box is a few gay blades for whitefish, maybe a spoon of 2 and some little Georges. I catch some nice bass on them. Thanks for posting!! Got me rethinking stuff.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"