What is the better Seat pedestal Base, lockpin or threaded?

Need a new seat pedestal base. Currently have the threaded type. What is the better choice Lockpin or threaded?
    Last edited by VH5150; 01-01-2021 at 12:17 PM. Reason: grammer

2. Member
    I had snap-lock pedestals in my boat. As the bushing wore they got to wobbling. I replaced them with 3/4" threaded pin pedestals during re-carpet job. No more wobble baby for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    I had snap-lock pedestals in my boat. As the bushing wore they got to wobbling. I replaced them with 3/4" threaded pin pedestals during re-carpet job. No more wobble baby for me.
    Thanks JJ! I am also having my boat recarpeted and will go with the threaded pins.

4. Member
    They all wear and get wobbly with enough use.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    I had 3/4" pin on my old boat. The pedestal bases were bronze, and the threaded end on the steel pins eventually ate the receiving threads off. I never had an issue with one coming loose on it's own underway in 25+ years of use, but it was rarely in big water, FWIW. The Springlocks I have now are fine, but I know the plastic deck bushings will wear out eventually and the plastic lock mechanisms on the poles will die in time too.