Thread: vacuum sealer

vacuum sealer

Looking for what everyone use for vacuum sealers. Looking for one that uses xlarge bags for brisket. Was looking at the Weston Pro 2100. From what I know you can get replacement parts fairly cheap and easy to repair. Any other good sealers that are being used?

2. Moderator
    I use the Food Saver Big Game and I cant say enough good things about it. I use the 11" wide rolls and make my own bags. I smoke a lot of pork and some brisket, and after its cooked I will freeze the left overs, then pull them out and put the bag in hot, simmering water and it is like it just came off the smoker.

3. Member
    I purchased pre cut gallon bags on ebay from Foodvacbags.com. 100 for 26$. They sell bags for all brands of vacuum sealers. Seems to be quite a few brands out there. I have an original foodsaver that is is pretty old, still works and seen more beef than Greg hackney!! Freezer is full of savings!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

4. Moderator
    Will have to check out foodsaver.

5. Moderator
    Would a 15-18lb brisket fit in a 11" wide bag?

6. Member
    I just ordered a back up Food Saver made by Tilia. I probably don't need a back up, but my seal finally went on my first one yesterday and I didn't want to ever be down again without a back up. I ordered the new seals, and I honestly think the seal went bad to user error, I am pretty sure someone locked it in the sealing position for storage, that messes up the seal. For the price you will no find a better machine, make sure you get the one made in Italy, they are always on Ebay for cheap.

7. Member
    I have a commercial Weston that does a good job. It is very heavy though, I store it overhead in my pantry and the wife can't get it down by herself. I also purchase the precut Weston commercial bags in boxes of 1000 that cuts down on the per bag cost. I've had several of the foodsaver brand and they work great but overheat and shut down if you have a lot to seal at a time.

8. Moderator
    What model Weston? What size bags?