Ski ladder hole repair

Looking for some advise on fixing the holes on the back of my boat. PO removed a ladder and left holes top and bottom. The bottom holes have been filled with silicone and screws installed. Very bad repair and I want to fix it myself and was wondering how you guys would approach the repair.
    Suggestions on path forward for these 6 holes?
    20201230_112528.jpg

I also have a small nickle size gouge in the hull that I am going to use white Marine Tex on. I'll do that repair first to see the color difference on the hull.

I have 6 holes on the top from the ladder removal that I will probably use a piece of nonskid to match the other nonskid in the area
    20201230_112458.jpg
    Thanks for offering your insight
    Cheers,
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

2. Member
    Gelcoat repair
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

I used these to repair some screw holes left by the PO for a holder of some sort and the old ladder that was broken. You'll have to zoom in on the ladder pic. The repaired holes are to the right of the ladder. I filled the hole with 4200 and put some more on the rivet before putting it in. Have not leaked.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....468&highlight=
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wmitch2; 01-02-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Ream out the holes a little if needed, lightly sand and then clean with acetone. Marine Tex would be the easiest if you like how it matches or put some tape on the back side if ya can get to it and shoot some West Systems epoxy in with a syringe, sand and clean with acetone then gel coat. If you have some scrap fiberglass you can also stuff some into the hole with the West Systems.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

Couple options here: fill with 4200 or use peanut butter mix (small cut up strands of fiberglass cloth mixed with resin)
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Thanks for the input. I put the white marine tex on the bottom of the hull in 2 places. Way too white on my boat for any area that would be seen.
    Mitch's post about pop rivets got me thinking. I bought a few white/clear plastic push plugs from lowes (automotive speciality drawer). Going to take out the ss screws in the transom, fill holes with marine clear silicone and put a small bead on the back of the push plug and push them in.
    Those are in a area that is not really visible and I know will look better than the ss screw heads with silicone.
    Last edited by Coach185; 01-03-2021 at 08:08 AM.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

7. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    white marine tex

white boatlife

Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I put the white marine tex on the bottom of the hull in 2 places. Way too white on my boat for any area that would be seen.
    Mitch's post about pop rivets got me thinking. I bought a few white/clear plastic push plugs from lowes (automotive speciality drawer). Going to take out the ss screws in the transom, fill holes with marine clear silicone and put a small bead on the back of the push plug and push them in.
    Those are in a area that is not really visible and I know will look better than the ss screw heads with silicone.
    Post a pic when you get it done !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents