Dowco cover Question

Has anyone tried to fit a single console cover over a dual console boat? 2019 Z20 to speak of. I am looking to add a passenger console and hoping not to buy another cover to fit. I bought the boat used and it came with a sc cover.

Thanks,

2. Member
    Don't know if that could be done, but couldn't you just travel the console by the tow vehicle and put on at the lake if it don't fit? Probably would be cheaper.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

3. Member
    I doubt it. Those covers are very tight, mine is a dual console with a dual console cover and just adding twin console graphs made it barely fit.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I have a older model boat , single console, dual dash graphs, and a dual tarp, barely fits. I say no
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    have your cover easily modified by local canvas shop....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    have your cover easily modified by local canvas shop....
    good advice. I’ve had them modified for new trolling motors, it was surprisingly cheap.

7. Member
    I had an 18 Z19 that came with a single cover. I added the passenger console later and I didn't have any problem with it fitting. I didn't travel with it on but it fit fine as a dust cover in the garage and a rain cover when were camping at a local lake.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

8. Member
    When I bought my boat it only had one console. They had to order a second one. When it came in they tried to get me to take the single that they had when I bought the boat. There was no way it would fit. After a little verbal conversation they ordered me the correct one which should have been ordered when I bought the boat, just one of the reasons I would never go back to that place.

9. Member
    Thanks to all.

One option I came up with is to sell the sc cover and use that money in a generic cover from BPS.
    But the Dowco cover is nice, especially how it closes tight around the boat.
    I like the removing the passenger console every time, just wondering how heavy the console is.

10. Member
    I am just guessing if one person can install it then it can't be all that heavy.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Just a note i think the covers changed in 2019. Those are tighter fitting then the previous ones, I do not think it will work.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrebass View Post
    Thanks to all.

One option I came up with is to sell the sc cover and use that money in a generic cover from BPS.
    But the Dowco cover is nice, especially how it closes tight around the boat.
    I like the removing the passenger console every time, just wondering how heavy the console is.
    that’d be a pain in the ass if you want to use your passenger console all the time. Also, from my experience covers drain better with a dual console cover, less area for water to pool up on the passenger side.

13. Member
    I agree it could get to be a pain in the butt, if you are going to use it all the time. Also agree it would save water puddling.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

14. Member
    On the same topic I have a 2016 that was SC cover and then added the console. I really didn't experience any fitment issues with the Dowco cover. That being said does anyone know if Outer Armor (I think they switched vendors) will start offering them for the older boats.

I really like the newer cover and had experience with Outer Armor on a sport boat and they were top notch. We store outdoors at a local yard so a quality cover is an absolute.

15. Member
    Aurora canvas makes an awesome cover.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

16. Member
    I have an outer armor DC cover for a 18 -20 z20 that was in with my 2019 z18 I am looking to get rid of since I ordered the right one for my boat. They also fit very tight great for trailering .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    Aurora canvas makes an awesome cover.
    This^^^^^^^^

They are the only cover to have in my opinion. Mine is 12 years old now and still in fantastic shape, boat i stored outdoors. My last one was 8 years old and still was like new.