Lake Murray Winter fishing

I'm looking for some info on fishing lake Murray in winter, if anyone can share?

I am heading down to pick up my boat from falcon January 15th and was thinking of staying and doing some fishing while in SC.

Lake Murray happens to be on my way back to the North East, so i figured maybe i would hit the water while in town. I have never fished down there and would like any info at all anyone is willing to share about the lake.

Tentatively i was thinking about launching Saturday off 391 in the river section, then possibly on the east end by White rock?

Thank you!

John

While you’re there be certain to eat Maurice’s Piggy Park...real SC BBQ.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Lake will have some level of drawdown, I wouldnt put a new boat in the river section. I would take it towards the dam end. Its not that far off of where you are wanting to drive to head north. You will either take 26 or 77. Either are close to lake

4. Member
    Your best bet would be to putting in at Dreher Island (Mid Lake). They also have a few cabins on the water that you can rent.

5. Member
    ^^^ THIS!

6. Member
    thank you for the advice! i replied to your pm usmc03
    2020 F215 with Yamaha Sho "The First Falcon to Crack its Hull" all in under 50hrs

Well, hopefully someone sent you some fishing info via Pm , since they didnt on your post. I live on Lake Murray, in the Buffalo creek area. Fishing is tough in the winter. I like to throw a squarebill and a bama rig this time of year. Lots of striper right now in the upper section. Just look for birds, especially loons. Down lake has more blueback herring, and typically bigger bass. We got a ton of rain over the wkd. Lake rose nearly 2 feet, upper lake is muddy right now. Try hollow creek if you launch at dreher. Its on the south side just across the main lake to the mouth from dreher. Falcons are nice boats! Good luck! If you need a place to stay this weekend, message me. I rent my house occasionally. 828 674 6752
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    I love My Falcon, just hugely disheartened with what happened.
    2020 F215 with Yamaha Sho "The First Falcon to Crack its Hull" all in under 50hrs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Well, hopefully someone sent you some fishing info via Pm , since they didnt on your post. I live on Lake Murray, in the Buffalo creek area. Fishing is tough in the winter. I like to throw a squarebill and a bama rig this time of year. Lots of striper right now in the upper section. Just look for birds, especially loons. Down lake has more blueback herring, and typically bigger bass. We got a ton of rain over the wkd. Lake rose nearly 2 feet, upper lake is muddy right now. Try hollow creek if you launch at dreher. Its on the south side just across the main lake to the mouth from dreher. Falcons are nice boats! Good luck! If you need a place to stay this weekend, message me. I rent my house occasionally. 828 674 6752
    i will gather up some of these items and bring them with me! i have a lot of research ahead! and usmc pm-ed me, and hopoefully i can reach ut further for info!

i will keep your place in mind. still piecing together a plan on my end for the trip and time frames

Quote Originally Posted by ramdriver15 View Post
    I love My Falcon, just hugely disheartened with what happened.
    What are you referring to? What happened to the boat?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    What are you referring to? What happened to the boat?
    Just read your signature. Yeah thats terrible.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752