Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dollar View Post
    Attachment 435240

Brand new 2021 Z20 with the 18" wheels. Going to see if dealer will work something out on the cost of the spacers.
    No working anything out. That trailer is defective an unsafe. The dealer should be repairing it at no cost to you.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Axle may not be completely centered. I also ran into this issue when I put my wider tires on. Had to run new studs and a 1/4 disc spacer on 1 side to stop the side rub. The other side was fine. Cost me $25 for the spacer and studs.
    Last edited by BMCD; 01-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Any update on this? I have a 2018 Z20 with the bigger wheels and mine does the same thing. Sometimes even see rubber hanging off the fenders. Had to change a hub recently and noticed my bushings and straps are worn too so will have to get those changed out. Did the new dexter kit lift it back up at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaww200571 View Post
    Any update on this? I have a 2018 Z20 with the bigger wheels and mine does the same thing. Sometimes even see rubber hanging off the fenders. Had to change a hub recently and noticed my bushings and straps are worn too so will have to get those changed out. Did the new dexter kit lift it back up at all?
    Just got the kit last week. All places were sold out waiting on dexter. I’ll install sometime in next month. I post results here.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

5. Member
    You can run the ez flex, I did it on my 2019 z18. I also had to space up my fiberglass fenders on my 2019 or they would rub. Drivers side also was lower then passenger. I could not find any major issues so I just spaced everything up.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

6. Member
    any update on this OP? just noticed my 2019 z20 is rubbing on the top of one wheel.

7. Member
    Just add a 1/4" wheel spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dollar View Post
    Attachment 435240

Brand new 2021 Z20 with the 18" wheels. Going to see if dealer will work something out on the cost of the spacers.
    Spacers are super cheap, u may need new studs tho. I put new 1/2 inch longer studs on my wheels.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Mine were rubbing as well. I took off my fenders and cut out pieces of 1/2" polyethylene cutting boards and it was the perfect amount to raise the fenders and no more rubbing. I also replaced all fender hardware with stainless.

10. Member
    I raised mine a full 1” between all 12 bolts and replaced all hardware with stainless steel. Helped several others on here with how. Easy enough to do and the wiring is long enough if you unwrap it from frame tube.
    Rad Brewer

11. Member
    Who! No clearance!!
    Is this set up that way from factory??
    looks like the wrong wheel set in or axel is off center

Well I’m back at trying to figure this fender rubbing tire issues again. This time it’s costing me more money. Back when I started this thread I did the dexter wet bolt upgrade. It helped some but still had some rubbing on top of fender. Next I took off my fender and raised and centered as much as I could. Also put some thick washers to raise fender a tad more. Seemed to help. Apparently it didn’t, noticed after fishing yesterday that evidently the rubbing has caused a nickel size hole on top of fender now.

I heard or read somewhere that tracker had a recall on the fender/tire rubbing issue. Does anyone know what was did to correct the issue or what it was. I just need to get the starboard side fender about 1/2-3/4” higher. Heck, I’d settle for a whole 1”. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks y’all.
    Last edited by bass boss; 10-29-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

I believe that recall was rubbing the side wall. My suggestion get some leaf springs on it, I'm not a fan of the mono spring they were using.

For the sidewall issue, they make plenty of 1/2" spacers. any auto store should have them.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I believe that recall was rubbing the side wall. My suggestion get some leaf springs on it, I'm not a fan of the mono spring they were using.

For the sidewall issue, they make plenty of 1/2" spacers. any auto store should have them.
    the way mine looks Bryan, the starboard side wheels already seem like they are a tad out further than the other. Spacers would make them even further out. The rubbing is directly on top. The fender sits a bit lower on that side. I can easily feel the tread on port side, I can barely get a finger in on starboard.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

15. Member
    It's crazy to me they made the big wheels an option with them not fitting in the fenders for a huge chunk of buyers.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by bass boss View Post
    the way mine looks Bryan, the starboard side wheels already seem like they are a tad out further than the other. Spacers would make them even further out. The rubbing is directly on top. The fender sits a bit lower on that side. I can easily feel the tread on port side, I can barely get a finger in on starboard.
    I had the same problem on 2019. I had the dealer replace due to the sagging monospring. Put a hole in the top of my fender. IMO replace the mono spring with leaf springs. But in your case sounds like the fender maybe lower, or the springs on one side are sagging more.

My 2021 i had the rubbing the inside fender well that required spacer on one side of the axle.

In 2022 YMs they replaced the monospring and went with leaf springs.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12