1999 Ficht 150...Any Value left?

$500 bucks for everything...Come get it!!

Hey guys, I have a ***1998*** Ficht 150 that has a newer computer and has been maintained really well. It now has a dead hole...#3 cylinder has very little compression. The motor still starts and runs rough, but obviously has less power.

I know the entire drama and stories about the history of Evinrude Ficht motors, but at this point I'm going to re-power instead of rebuild.

My question here is how much value is left in this motor? Should I part it out, or sell as a complete motor with prop, controls, gauges, etc?
    There must be value in the prop, Cowling, trim, lower unit, etc....How much is it worth?
    Does anyone here want to make an offer on it? Thanks guys....I'm interested in all ideas!

You are welcome to call or text me also: 619-762-7793
    Last edited by Grande Verde Pesca; 01-03-2021 at 10:09 AM. Reason: correction on year

Pending what you re-power with you can use the same controls, hydraulic steering, gauges and prop. I ran my 99 Ficht to around 1000 hours before I re-powered to my E-Tec 150 HO. In my specific situation the dealer was able to re-use all of what I mentioned. Now I did end up not using my old prop but that was because an E-Tec has a hotter exhaust than a Ficht and my old prop had a rubber hub which is prone to deteriorate faster than the current hubs people typically run on E-Tec motors. Technically you can use that prop on an E-Tec but its best if it does not have a rubber pressed in hub. If your going to a G2 I am not sure what will or will not be re-usable. If going Mercury, Yamaha or another brand you will need new rigging but you should be able to reuse your hydraulic steering.

Now as for the motor in the picture can you post a model number. I have a specific reason for asking...it does not look like a 1999 Evinrude Ficht. The color looks like a Johnson Fast Strike Ficht and the sticker on the rear looks like a sticker that was on a Johnson Fast Strike Ficht, which would indicate a 97 or 98 motor if my memory is correct. A model number would verify exactly what that motor is...as for value it would be hard to sell even if it did not have a bad cylinder. It's worth more in parts than it is as a running motor anyways because there is parts on it that are no longer in production. The thing is you may have to sit on it for a long time to part out everything that has real value. The lower unit will fit several different motors as well as the prop so they should sell relatively easy. The stuff associated with the power head that is specific to that particular model may be a hard sell but if you find someone that needs it they really need it because some parts are no longer available. The problem is the used market is small because most junk them and move on.

Now if its a true 1999 Evinrude Ficht there were model and design changes mid production. The 99 motor may have a lot of similarities inside the 99 year class but the stubble differences made them very different is certain aspects. If its a 97 or 98 like I suspect they also have similarities but the small differences they had also make them different in some aspects. It very well could be a 1999 but the color and sticker just don't look like any 1999 Evinrude Ficht I ever saw. In the marine mechanic world they are sometimes refereed to as a "bastard" motor because of the design changes form year to year or even inside the same year.

If it were mine I would pull the prop and sell it. Pull the lower unit and sell it and dump the rest of what's left as a whole for any offer that is more than scrap iron price. Sadly they have very little value...most end up as scrap or parted out.
    Last edited by JR19; 12-31-2020 at 02:19 AM.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you have the time to wait, part it out you'll make more in the end by doing so.

4. Member
    Is $1000 for everything fair? Motor, Prop, Control, etc....

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sure if you can get that for it. Have to remember it is a one off motor block wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    If you have the time to wait, part it out you'll make more in the end by doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Sure if you can get that for it. Have to remember it is a one off motor block wise.

I know the great Carnac more than likely can not give a definitive answer without an engine model number...with that being said have you ever seen a 1999 Evinrude Ficht with that color of paint or that type sticker on the rear cowl?

The Lower Unit has value and will fit most any post 1991 John-Rude. other than that try to part out what you can.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    I just parted out a 99 FICHT 200

I had a new engine installed, so, before I took it to the shop for the new engine, I took some parts off of it to sell,

It takes some time, I sold most of the parts using Craig's list.

I sold the LU for $650, computer for $400, injectors for $100, Prop for $100, power trim for $250

9. Member
    I'll take $500 buck for everything....Including controls and prop! come get it!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande Verde Pesca View Post
    I'll take $500 buck for everything....Including controls and prop! come get it!
    if you decide to part out, I’d be interested in computer. If you were closer I’d consider buying whole thing, but can’t justify shipping cost across country
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs