Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at new PHX21. Questions for those that have them.

I’m down between a Ranger 521l and Phoenix PHX 21.

would like to hear all the pros and cons on the Phoenix. Is this the best Phoenix bass boat? Looking for a comfy ride with large front deck.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Member
    imo the 521 will fish better the phx is close but not as good. phx will out ride a 521 for sure. its a 67-70 mph all day loaded. now between a 21phx and a 921 or 921 elite personally i would go with the 921 or 921 elite same hull just different top cap. imo the 921 hull is a better ride also faster 74-76 all day loaded . it will not fish as good as a phx (921 fishes good just not as good as a phx) but will ride better at speed. now if you keep it under 50 then then the phx will ride better. no matter when get a hydro plate.

3. Member
    I guide out of a 921 Phx, my opinon there is no better boat. The customer service at Phoenix is the best in the business. With the 921 Phx and Mercury v8 pro xs fourstroke, I run 73mph loaded. I carry tons of tackle and 28 rods. I've fished out of and road in about every brand bass boat that is out there, I wouldn't buy anything but a Phoenix 921 Phx.

Quote Originally Posted by ewelch View Post
    I guide out of a 921 Phx, my opinon there is no better boat. The customer service at Phoenix is the best in the business. With the 921 Phx and Mercury v8 pro xs fourstroke, I run 73mph loaded. I carry tons of tackle and 28 rods. I've fished out of and road in about every brand bass boat that is out there, I wouldn't buy anything but a Phoenix 921 Phx.
    Is this an elite?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

5. Member
    I've had three Z520C's, Nitro Z20, Triton TR-20 & most recently two 21PHX. One was a demo that I used for a year, & then ordered a custom built 21PHX. Best ride I've ever had. The top cap setup of the compartment ts is outstanding. The ride blows away the Ranger Z520C's. Never been in a 921, so I have no comment on it. At 65, this boat will probably be my last (I've said that ten boats ago & every time I got a new one). If I ever get a new one it will be the 21PHX. I saw a 921 with the same top cap, which I would consider, but am of the belief, the 21PHX is THE best ride & has the best fishability on the market! Go for it!
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

6. Member
    I had a Ranger 521 for 5 years and was disappointed on the fit and finish. Nothing major, just enough to think this shouldn't happen, it's a Ranger. Went to a 921PHX. Best move I ever made. I'm with Km9e. This is my 5th last boat ever, but I think this time it is my last one. Had the Phoenix 4 years and I still love it. Runs 71-72. Have hit 75 a couple of times, but that was downstream with a tailwind on the St Lawrence, so it probably doesn't count. Lol. Fit and finish is great, fishability great too, ride in rough water (St Lawrence and Big Rideau up here can get nasty) and the handling is outstanding. If I was to get another "last" boat, it would be another Phoenix.

7. Member
    I run a 521L and was able to get a demo ride in a 921PHX. In my opinion, these are both very NICE boats. You will love either one.

Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    I run a 521L and was able to get a demo ride in a 921PHX. In my opinion, these are both very NICE boats. You will love either one.
    I agree with you. I’m really breaking a tie in my mind and the purchase of Ranger by a Johnnie Morris is really pushing me away. I own a Triton, purchased before he bought them, and need warranty work. WRMG has to approve and it’s a process. I’m really going to go with Phoenix because if this and because a lot of people are moving away from Ranger
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

9. Member
    on the PHX, what length of rods can fit on the driver side rod locker?

10. Member
    No mine is not the Elite, the Elite does not have the rod storage in the center compartment. But if you fish where there is rough water you will love the regular 921 Phx, cause it's made for rough water.

11. Member
    The Elite has center rod locker if you order it with the rod system in it.

12. Member
    I have a 21 phx. I just rode in my guides 921 elite. I can say for sure since I haven't been in my boat since September but I am thinking his elite may ride a lil better��

13. Member
    How's the leaking compartments on the PHX? I know this has been an issue in other models, does the PHX leak when it rains?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

14. Member
    Mine are all dry.

15. Member
    Mine are dry

16. Banned
    I don't own either but from an outsiders perspective. With ranger now being owned by JM customer service is going to be marginal at best. They will all seem great at first but what happens when something breaks is what sets companies apart. Just something to think about from someone with no skin in it. I will say I have a buddy that has a 21 phx and pretty sure he gets a woodie Everytime he looks at it

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Having had 2 -21 PHX and 2-921 Elites and a 921 Pro xp, i can say without a doubt the 21 Phx has a slightly better ride than the 921 Elite or pro xp. Having the opportunity to ride and drive most current boat makes and models i do not think there is a better riding boat on the market. If you would like more details feel free to give me a call.
    859-647-2628

18. Member
    I’ve had a 21PHX, a z521c, and have a 921 Elite on order. You can’t go wrong with the boats you’re considering. If I had to make a general differentiation, I’d say that the Ranger shines with the trolling motor down, and the Phoenix shines when the outboard is in use.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

Great replies. Thanks. I’m older and always thought of one day being able to own a Ranger. Built one at a time...Forrest L Wood...etc. But the stories I’m hearing from people that own them and the problems with CS....I’m going with Phoenix. Never though I’d say that.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

20. Member
    Wise decision! I have been in several 721's & 921's , Ranger isn't even close ! Phoenix will be my next boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast