Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I got the right clothes, I'm game for any temp.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    And then, What's the coldest water temperature for any "Man Overboard" experience you've experienced?

Mine was fishing on Palestine with 43 degree ambient and about 12-15 North wind. I fell in up in Flat Creek and had t get back to the ramp. That was one wicked boat ride back! Surface temp about the same temp.

Coldest dry day of fishing would probably be at some point during the hay day of Squaw Creek I would assoum

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs21X View Post
    And then, What's the coldest water temperature for any "Man Overboard" experience you've experienced?

Mine was fishing on Palestine with 43 degree ambient and about 12-15 North wind. I fell in up in Flat Creek and had t get back to the ramp. That was one wicked boat ride back! Surface temp about the same temp.

Coldest dry day of fishing would probably be at some point during the hay day of Squaw Creek I would assoum
    I've been in twice that water temp was below 54 once at upper 40's ---It will take your breath away and start shutting your extremities down real quick.
    Thanks to an old Uncle. I started hauling a survival bag in the mid 90's when we fished Amistad in the winter and may not see another boat all day.
    It's loaded with a couple of MRE's --lighter and waterproof matches -- can of sterno--In case of breakdown and have to spend the night in Mexico--------XL insulated coveralls--wool socks--ski gloves and a wool stoking cap.. Its only been used twice for man overboard but I have used or loaned out some of the items on several occasions when it got colder or wetter than expected.

Fell in on Rayburn during the week on a Wedensday a few years ago. No traffic on the lake. water temps were about 55, Outside temp was about the same though. Adrenaline kicked in never felt the cold running back.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I've never fallen off the deck while fishing but on a dare went in off a dock when it was 35o outside. When in high school we would skip school during the winter and go to squaw creek and swim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12