Drotto boat latch on Ranger vs 1882

Drotto boat latch on vs1882???

Hey all. Was wondering if any of you had the drotto boat latch system for your aluminum rangers that have the thick welded on aluminum latch point?? I just bought a vs 1882 today and had every intention of putting the drotto system on because I’ve got it on my bass boat (Triton trx-189) and honestly don’t know if I can live without it. I fish primarily by myself and in winter have no docks to use so the drotto and trick step is damn near a must for safety... Today, after inspecting the eye on the front of the new ranger vs, it’s got that thick, welded on eye. My Triton has the small u bolt type. I’m just not sure the drotto latch will work with this thicker hook point on the Ranger vs model. So ANYONE???

2. Member
    My Tracker also has the bulkier latch point and my Drotto works just fine on it. They have a Drotto specifically designed for the Ranger models on their website so I would think it would work. Give them a call and find out. Their number is 605-366-0542

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sie805 View Post
    My Tracker also has the bulkier latch point and my Drotto works just fine on it. They have a Drotto specifically designed for the Ranger models on their website so I would think it would work. Give them a call and find out. Their number is 605-366-0542
    thank you so much for the response. The latch on the Tracker is exactly like the one on the boat I just bought yesterday. I already ordered the drotto specific to the Ranger today along with a Trick Step. Pretty excited!! Thanks again!! I love the drotto on my bass boat. Not sure I can go without one now....