Thread: Lighted Cutout

Lighted Cutout

Im cutting my boat branding into a plate to replace the original leading edge/support to my trailer fender. Like on many new boat trailers. My question is for those that have done this, how did you light this? Make a lighted box of some kind with a frosted lens mounted to studs welded on the back side? Anyone have any ideas and/or photos? Maybe even photos of factory designs?

2. Member
    I used the 12 LED light strip with body adhesive tape. Lights up the ground and the cutout at the same time.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

3. Member
    I hadnt thought about lighting the ground. No box needed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 92basshawk View Post
    Im cutting my boat branding into a plate to replace the original leading edge/support to my trailer fender. Like on many new boat trailers. My question is for those that have done this, how did you light this? Make a lighted box of some kind with a frosted lens mounted to studs welded on the back side? Anyone have any ideas and/or photos? Maybe even photos of factory designs?
    My new Tennessee Trailer has a Bluewater LED strip. Its super bright, and lights up the ground. I have got a lot of complements on it at the ramps, and gas stations. IMG_3215.jpg
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by garacer08 View Post
    My new Tennessee Trailer has a Bluewater LED strip. Its super bright, and lights up the ground. I have got a lot of complements on it at the ramps, and gas stations. IMG_3215.jpg
    can you Pm me the cost on that trailer?

6. Member
    5839E433-B6C6-41E8-AD48-635174332CE0.jpeg

these are my factory ones .. used lexon glass .painted the lens green.. to stand out
    now that one of my lights is out ordered new replacement lights in green green ..
    now the ground will light also..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Member
    +1 to lighting the ground. Even if you go with a sealed box for the step cutout, light up the ground anyways. I have it on mine and being able to see all around your trailer tires is awesome when you are driving narrow, unlit 2 lane roads at 3am.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi