Prop for a 2.0 gear ratio

Hey all,

I'm changing my lower unit to have a 2.0:1 gear ratio (from a ridiculous 2.5:1). I've currently been redlining a Razor XL 27 pitch, so most likely a 28 pitch is the sweet spot for me.

However, I could use some prop suggestions for my upcoming new 2.0:1 gear ratio. I know Merc/Yam are typically around 1.75-1.85, using 23 or 24 pitch props. I was thinking a 25 or 26 pitch prop. Does that sound about right?

19 foot Falcon 195 with a Suzuki DF200SS in the back. Holeshot is of no concern, running lithiums in the back right now.

2. Member
    Running a 250ss 4 blade 28 Suzuki prop with a 2.0:1 run ok, but if they would change to 1.75 these motors would run. tried a 27 4 blade bravo boat did not handle well.

3. Member
    Please keep us updated after the gear swap

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblitzz View Post
    Please keep us updated after the gear swap
    Uh oh, that popcorn icon makes me nervous lol. Do you know of any that already did it?

5. Member
    Last edited by usblitzz; 01-02-2021 at 01:07 AM.

6. Member
    No sir, just contemplating a repower so I am curious how the gear swap is going to work out for you. By all accounts the Suzuki's are super reliable and now they might get a little faster we will see.

Also you might want to look at a Solas Scorpion check out the video I found on youtube

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11583544

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblitzz View Post
    No sir, just contemplating a repower so I am curious how the gear swap is going to work out for you. By all accounts the Suzuki's are super reliable and now they might get a little faster we will see.

Also you might want to look at a Solas Scorpion check out the video I found on youtube

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post11583544
    A dealer in Miami (Reliable Marine) told me they saw an average of 8 mph increase with smaller boats (eg bass boats). My dealer contacted them through email with the same questions, hopefully when they return from the holidays monday we'll have some answers. All signs point to a positive result (more speed).