GHOST TMC-1 MOUNTING ON PRO TEAM 190

CURENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF MOUNTING A NEW GHOST TROLLING MOTOR AND BOW MOUNTED FISHFINDER. INSTRUCTIONS STATE NOT TO MOUNT THE PUCK WITHIN 2' OF OTHER ELECTRONICS. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SIMILAR SETUP? NOT SURE WHERE TO MOUNT THE PUCK AND I DONT WANT TO START DRILLING HOLES IN THE WRONG PLACE. I WAS THINKING DIRECTLY ON THE DECK BUT NOT SURE IF THE GUNWALE WILL INTERFERE WITH IT.

2. Member
    I installed mine just behind the drivers seat on the back deck right next to the gunwale. Works perfectly and not prone to being tripped over or stepped on

3. Member
    thanks for the reply, i will take a look at that next time im in the garage

4. Member
    The reason the TM Puck is not supposed to be around electronics (or anything that can attract/distract a magnet) is that there is a compass inside to show which actual direction the boat is pointing whether you are moving or not and also to use features such as jogging the boat position over 5ft in either direction.
    Mine is not from a Ghost, but my Minn Kota Terrova has a puck for the same purpose.
    I took a pic to show my placement

TM_Puck.jpg

5. Member
    I THINK THATS A GOOD SPOT, I WILL HAVE TO ORDER AN EXTENTION CABLE TO GET MINE THAT FAR. THANKS FOR THE INPUT