2017 Evinrude E-Tech G2 Question

This may be a dumb question, but I just bought a 2018 with the new G2, and all my lowrance units are nema 200 linked, so when running, on my right screen I run all my gauges, and I watch my water pressure from there, I have never noticed where the the piss hole is on these motor's. Is it directly in the back under the exhaust in the port that you screw your fresh water hose for flushing the motor? I looked all over the manual and cant find anything.

2. Member
    Yes. I have trouble seeing it from the driver's seat, but if I turn the motor I can see it. Unlike other outboards, the Etecs have a wider stream that goes straight back instead of narrow stream that shoots out to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    Yes. I have trouble seeing it from the driver's seat, but if I turn the motor I can see it. Unlike other outboards, the Etecs have a wider stream that goes straight back instead of narrow stream that shoots out to the side.
    So if I want to run the motor at home, that port is only for a flush (Not running motor) What do I have to do, use ear muffs? Thank you for answering my other question.

4. Member
    No, you can screw your hose into the fitting that is threaded. Here is a video. The guy uses an attachment, but you don't need to buy anything special. The attachment just prevents him from twisting his hose.

Thank you the video was great? As I have the hose hooked up and running I can also start and run the motor? The only reason I ask is because you’re actually pushing water back into the piss hole

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich196 View Post
    Thank you the video was great? As I have the hose hooked up and running I can also start and run the motor? The only reason I ask is because you’re actually pushing water back into the piss hole
    Did you ever get this figured out, or does someone know the answer?

Would like to let my G2 idle a bit in the driveway before the first outing and want to make sure I’m not doing something that would cause damage.
    2020 Ranger Z519 Evinrude G2 225HO

I'd like to hear a definitive answer on this too from one of the Evinrude gurus. Its as clear as mud in the manual too.

Not a guru but...

You can run at IDLE using a hose attached to the rear flush port with water pressure between 20-40 psi .
    ENGINE MUST BE VERTICAL. DO NOT TILT!

Or, install and use an accessory front flushing hose kit. It connects to the front flush port found under the front cover and can be accessed, after installation, through the port rigging housing cover.

Some say you can use muffs as long as they fit. Intake screens should be removed. Nosecone low water pickups must be covered. *** see warning below ***

REMOVE PROP FOR SAFETY

*** At least one of our G2 techs has recommended to NEVER use muffs on the G2. IIR, he said he had replaced too many water pumps on motors that had been run that way. I think it has to do with water leaking out of the front nosecone low water pickups. Apparently, even duct tape won't hold a good seal. ****

I use the accessory front flush. Works great.
    Last edited by 86 inches; 04-25-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419