Nitro Z7 front panel max fishfinder size?

The flush mount HDS 5 Gen2 finally gave up the ghost and I want to replace it with a 7 inch size unit. I'm considering an HDS 7 gen 2 Touch or one of newer Lowrance Reveal or Hook models. So, can anyone who has a Z7 or is familiar with the front panel tell me if the larger models will flush mount on the Z7 panel?

Last edited by Rkammer; 12-28-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Member
    I have lowrance elite 7 ti in my bow. I am getting ready to put in a Garmin 93sv in there and it appears it will fit as I used the template to check. So biggest should be a 9" screen. Also, I see that your bow section is sun faded. Mine was too. I took it off and painted with rustoleum rattle can paint and it looks so much better. Easy to do.
    Last edited by fisherman0916; 01-17-2021 at 08:23 PM.

3. Member
    A 7" is perfect fit on bow. BTW, which prop and size are you using on your rig? Mine is exactly like yours, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    A 7" is perfect fit on bow. BTW, which prop and size are you using on your rig? Mine is exactly like yours, thanks!
    Mine with the 150 Merc Pro XS and an adjustable jack plate is running a 23” Tempest Plus prop. It goes 60 MPH with a very light load and 1/2 tank of fuel. 55-57 tournament loaded.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

5. Member
    I have a 24P, before a 8" JP, I could get 58 mph and with the 8" plate I am about the same. I think I need to drop to a 23P to get the RPMs up and I think I would see 60 all day. There was a ride difference with the JP. Right now, I have the motor set pretty low around 4" below pad. 3.75-3.5 is the best. I was messing with the height to see if it changed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman0916 View Post
    I have a 24P, before a 8" JP, I could get 58 mph and with the 8" plate I am about the same. I think I need to drop to a 23P to get the RPMs up and I think I would see 60 all day. There was a ride difference with the JP. Right now, I have the motor set pretty low around 4" below pad. 3.75-3.5 is the best. I was messing with the height to see if it changed anything.
    I came down this same path. My Z7 also came with the 24P and it was very slow to plane and only went about 57 MPH. When I went to the 23P it now planes much quicker and tops out at 60 MPH GPS with a very light load. I find that my jack plate is also very low (about 4 inches) and raising it while running makes very little difference.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]