Mounting pumps in an Aluminum boat

Well, I don't have much space in the back of my boat to mount pumps for my Raptors. Does this look like a safe spot to mount them, screwing into the transom braces? I can only get 3 out of 4 screws in if I mount here. There is room on the opposite side but the only thing to mount to is the gas tank, I don't think that is a good idea. My other thought was to run the Hydraulic cables up to my center console, I think they will reach, they are pretty long. I am going to be cramped in the console, 4 batteries and a Minn kota 4 bank PC charger. I am open to any suggestions.

2. Member
    I'm not familiar with your model of boat but how would you get access to the rear of the bracket to attach the pumps to the bracket?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    I'm not familiar with your model of boat but how would you get access to the rear of the bracket to attach the pumps to the bracket?
    You know what, I made sure there was room to get a ratcheting wrench on the bracket... but not with the pump in place. I have no idea what I am going to do. The opposite wall is a fiberglass live well and under that is the gas tank. The side walls on each side big access holes, one side is the gas fill and vent, other side is the outboard rigging.

4. Member
    Screw a piece of aluminum to the boat where you are trying to put that bracket.
    Screw bracket to aluminum. Good luck
    Wes

5. Member
    I am about to abandon the idea of mounting in the bilge area... It is really tight in there, the walls on the left and right would be perfect but they have rigging go through them right in the middle.

I was looking under the console and the brackets will fit on top of the toe kick but I am not sure if that would be strong enough. I can only get 2 of the mounting holes through but I could also just drill two new holes and have 4 through bolts. You would never see them because they are under the toe kick.

My last option is to just mount them on the floor in the console, I didn't want to take up floor space, but if I need to I will.

6. Member
    What brand of CC is it, I have a Ranger RP190 and have plenty of room in the bilge area. Mounted mine on the passenger side of boat next to the bulkhead you are referring to. A better pic of the entire bilge woulda help.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    What brand of CC is it, I have a Ranger RP190 and have plenty of room in the bilge area. Mounted mine on the passenger side of boat next to the bulkhead you are referring to. A better pic of the entire bilge woulda help.
    i just mounted under the console, it was pretty easy once I made the decision where to mount. I laid out my console plan and mapped out room for 3 x 80ah lifepo4 batteries, a group 31 agm and a minn Kota 440 PC charger along with the 2 pumps.