Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    09 Z520. Have other rangers had this problem with hull blisters?

Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    09 Z520. Have other rangers had this problem with hull blisters?
    Blisters can be a problem on any brand or model of boat starting with @ the 05-06 models. You can thank the EPA for mandating changes that resulted in boat manufacturers using a softer form of gel that is prone to absorbing water. Starting @ 2012 or so (?), most companies started applying a coating under the gel that’s supposed to help.
    Last edited by Jeff Hahn; 01-17-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member

4. Member
    Repair is way above my skill. Going with gorilla hull.

5. Member
    Why I run GatorBaks Bunks. New 520 coming in any day and will be on trailer within a week. New bunks already covered and waiting in garage.

6. Member

No regrets on my Gorilla Hull

Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Repair is way above my skill. Going with gorilla hull.
    I have an 09 z520 that had hull blisters which I ignored until I slid over a stump on Toledo that had a short piece of rebar sticking up and ripped an 8 ft gouge down the back half of the hull. Toledo Fiberglass repaired the rip, ground out and filled the hull blisters and then applied the Gorilla Hull. You will like the boat a lot better with it than without it for Rayburn or Toledo Bend. Fiberglass repair is going to happen on these lakes, but not as often after you get the gorilla hull, and they will fix it from now on for free.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

7. Member
    Wilson Paint and Body in Columbiana, AL. I ripped a 10 foot long gash in my new Ranger last year and this guy fixed it like brand new. It took about 10 days but he had me done before the next tourney. Does more boats than anyone in the state. Highly highly recommended. Insurance claim is no problem. Might be worth a call and a drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12