Mapping at night

anyone ever go out there at night? I was thinking about going just to do some mapping
    Makes the wife worried so I never did. I heard that going at night is best to do mappings
    esp in the summer due to ski and wake boats but now that its cooler seem like the
    place should not be that full.

I wanted to know what extra safety precaution do you take when on the water at night?

On the st johns , its the crab pot buoys that will get you at night. Fished many night tournaments and never had an issue, just have to be really in tune with your surroundings and having a map card helps.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

I have recently started going out after work and graphing for a few hours at night.

Other than the obvious - it's tough to see your surroundings...just make sure you know the route real well. Coming back through the Dead River on Harris Chain the other night would have been really difficult had I not been familiar with the passage.

Oh...the bugs...when the weather gets warmer...the bugs can be pretty overwhelming too.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

4. Member
    Vehicle and personal safety

5. Member
    Thanks all. I thought I had responded
    I won't go anywhere at night that Im not familiar with in the day.. i've never fished a night time tournament, seems like fun and there's definitely safety in numbers

6. Member
    Night time is probably the best time. Keeps the "googans" from spot stealing areas you're scanning.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?