Flushing Power Poles?

Ok so I need to remove my Power Poles for new ones. I currently have Pro 2's and switching to Blades. Since I'm putting the Pro 2's on my wife's pontoon I want to do a bang up job on the flush as well as removing them.

1. I've read the hose disconnection in the pinned area. Makes 100% sense, but I have some questions on how I'm planning on doing the flushing.
    2. I plan on following the disconnection just as described in the pinned area but I'm wondering how much pressure will the hose be under, what can I expect for rush of oil? Will an ice cream pal do the trick or is it coming out with so much force that is will shoot all over?
    3. Will the pump leak after I disconnect?
    4. How do I actually flush the hose out?
    5. Is the pump just as simple as removing it and tipping it over into a collection base? Do I need to do anything else for the flush of the pump itself?
    6. I know I need to get a new filter for the cap, is there any other filters I need to replace?

I've looked and looked and haven't seen anything that is a step by step on the whole flushing process, sorry if it is someplace obvious and I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!!!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    2. Little to no pressure, no rush of oil, no shooting all over, we like to use a 2 liter soda bottle to put lines in .
    3. No
    4. When lines are off and you push up on the pole it forces the fluid from lines.
    5. Remove the screws from the pump to oil reservoir. Separate the pump from reservoir. Dump fluid wipe out to clean tank, inspect pump screens. ( Do not) wipe pump screens with a cloth/paper towel, nothing else to flush.
    6. No filter on cap... pump screens may need to replaced depending on condition.
    7. Replace w new green marine OR any ISO 32 fluid. (Before mike chimes in)..DO NOT USE TRANSMISSION FLUID AS SUGGESTED RECENTLY BY A NEW MEMBER.

3. Member
    Thanks for the great info! Only one small question. In the pinned post you say, unhook the hose AFTER you push the PP up. In your post just now, you say, push them up after you disconnect the hose. I "assumed" I would want to wait until I had unhooked the hose and push it up manually will force the fluid out.

Just clarifying.

Also yes I've seen many posts about fluid and I'm going with what PP recommends. :)

Thanks!

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    what was trying to say was after you disconnect and force pole up it will force the fluid into the container as stated in the pinned post. just repeat ( pull down push up) to make sure lines/cylinder flushed.

5. Member
    Thank you VERY much and have a fabulous day!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator