Thread: Carpet online

Carpet online

Looking to get my carpet for my stratos. Came across this site called boatcarpetbuys.com. Anyone ever used this site before they say carpet comes with 3 year warranty and it’s discounted big compared to other sites. Also says it’s all synthetic carpet.

2. Member
    I would only buy and install syntec carpet. I have gotten samples from many of the free shipped carpet websites. I would not use that stuff in a dog house. If you price the syntec carpet from Bass Cat or Ranger it is cheaper per a foot/yard shipped in most cases.

Syntec had several variations and weights can run from 15 ounce and less, to 24 ounce material. Depending on the brand of boat and year you have it is usually between 15 and 20 ounce from the factory.

Bass Cat, Yar-Craft and Ranger all use 24 ounce material on models today, while some brands don’t. This is subject to change in 2021 models on some brands which did move to 24 ounce from 17 ounce.

You may have to trim the knap in the gaps, with shears, if you use 24 ounce on a 15 ounce boat design. It’s too thick and tightens the lid opening. And we don’t know of Stratos/Javelin using more than 15 or 17 ounce for price reasons.

Syntec also changes its standard offerings and they will do a custom run also if requested. Ours (Bass Cat) was a custom run in 24 ounce until it was requested by others and it became a standard offering.

4. Member
    Do yourself a favor and order Basscat 24oz carpet. I did my last boat with it and was very happy. Easy to work with and held up well. I am now on another project and ordered something cheaper and similar to what you're looking at and I regret it. Very hard to work with and not near the quality of Basscat carpet. I ended up having to order trim just to get a clean looking edge because it was impossible to cut it cleanly.

5. Member
    i had mine redone (bcb member generator) with ranger carpet and although lids are snug it is still ok and usable! basscat also the best carpet out there along with ranger.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools