Thread: Sangchris help

Sangchris help

Buddy and I want to hit Sangchris this winter . I have a MH and want to camp. I understand part of the lake is open and part closed. We are bass fishing any and all advice really appreciated by these two old farts thanks

2. Member
    I was just there saturday. The plant is off now and we saw 35-40 degree water with ice in some of the coves . There were shad all over the mainlake . Water clarity was pretty consistent everywhere we fished at about 1.5 feet .we caught several on jerkbaits on mainlake points . The east and west arms are closed to fishing due to duck season. As far as I know the whole lake opens up february first. There is still a reasonable amount of water to fish but it could get crowded pretty easily. I talked to a guy at the ramp and he made it sound like the plant is spending more time off than on right now .

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    I was just there saturday. The plant is off now and we saw 35-40 degree water with ice in some of the coves . There were shad all over the mainlake . Water clarity was pretty consistent everywhere we fished at about 1.5 feet .we caught several on jerkbaits on mainlake points . The east and west arms are closed to fishing due to duck season. As far as I know the whole lake opens up february first. There is still a reasonable amount of water to fish but it could get crowded pretty easily. I talked to a guy at the ramp and he made it sound like the plant is spending more time off than on right now .
    Thanks for the info . Sounds like Clinton or Newton then