Need new electronics little help please

Older guy? Not real tech savvy. Boat is on one lake always. Just got new (no gps) trolling motor. I am looking for something fairly simple to operate. Want forward and side viewing capacity. Cost not so important. Will use on front of the boat. Can you guys help me in selecting a unit for my needs?
    Thanks in advance for assistance.

keep a tight line and Happy New Year

A Humminbird unit that has SI+ or DI+ in its model name will run a MEGA 360. That will show you not only forward and side views, it shows 360 degrees. Just pick a display size that fits your budget with BIGGER IS BETTER in mind.

All the models are on the Humminbird website.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Not to steal Wayne's thunder, but it all depends on what you want to spend. I had a 7 Helix SI G3N on the bow of my old Skeeter. Liked it. Great unit.

Like the Helix 10 better. Bet, I'd like a 12 even better. From a user viewpoint, very little difference other than screen size. The bigger ones have few bells and whistles, particularly the shortcut keys, that the small ones don't.

4. Member
    Don’t think I will use 360. My question is the imaging difference between the mega and the mega plus. I believe there is also something special in the side imaging between the two??? Just got back into fishin after long time away. Always wanted to live on a lake and now built a new home on lake Tellico on the Tennessee river.
    Thanks for reply’s guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCHER View Post
    Don’t think I will use 360. My question is the imaging difference between the mega and the mega plus. I believe there is also something special in the side imaging between the two??? Just got back into fishin after long time away. Always wanted to live on a lake and now built a new home on lake Tellico on the Tennessee river.
    Thanks for reply’s guys.
    + units have more POWER=added 75' more to range and depth capability for MEGA Imaging.
    + units have HW CHIRP as standard for 2D sonar.
    MEGA SI units have 83/200 kHz 2D sonar.

The + transducer is also longer. This is both of them.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL