Re-visit "Carpet for Your Ranger"

I get the frustration with discontinued carpet-but. Order the carpet you need from whoever has it, take it to a local carpet store(not a big box) and they will have or know someone who does surging.(That's the finished edge). Make a pattern from the old carpet. Not like ordering w/a mouse click but very doable.

2. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    it's called 'binding'

usually $1 per foot up here; when it's too thick for my machines I sub it out

most carpet stores have a binding machine

3. Member
    I have a 2003 Ranger, original carpet, faded a little but still in great shape, pretty amazing for 17 year old carpet.

Ranger gets carpet from Sytnec, perhaps contact them. Of course it would just be off a roll, not cut to fit or bound but the colors may be available.
    https://www.syntecind.com/carpet-for-marine/
    2B576211

5. Member
    This maybe be the way to go for those looking for the older carpet and have an upholstery shop that can do the binding on the lower floor. When you pull the old out just take your time I’m sure they can make you a good pattern. I’m calling them Monday to see if I can order directly from them. Carpet from ranger is taking to long or gets lost going from wrm to ranger. Used to I would order carpet and five days I’d have it. Now it takes weeks
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

6. Member
    Last year While checking price / availability of various things for my '04, the lower floor carpet was one of those items I asked about and mine is that platinum ash 2. It was available at that time. I called Ranger parts yesterday out of curiosity to check on the availability of the lower floor carpet for my boat. Super nice gal on the line looked my boat up and said yep, no problem, we can get this to you in 6-8 weeks from order date. I decided to place the order. So now I am wondering if I will get the correct color or another close color??
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

7. Member
    The lower floor carpet showed up yesterday. Much quicker than they said it would be. I did not unroll it to confirm fit but appearance wise it sure looks like the Ash Platinum 2 and it evens says that is what it is on the packing slip. The edge binding is not exactly the same as the original but looks good as it is.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

8. TDR2
    Interesting. I was told by a local dealer that Ranger no longer provided the precut lower floor carpet.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    Last year While checking price / availability of various things for my '04, the lower floor carpet was one of those items I asked about and mine is that platinum ash 2. It was available at that time. I called Ranger parts yesterday out of curiosity to check on the availability of the lower floor carpet for my boat. Super nice gal on the line looked my boat up and said yep, no problem, we can get this to you in 6-8 weeks from order date. I decided to place the order. So now I am wondering if I will get the correct color or another close color??
    Unroll it and check for correctness, mine came cut wrong. I now have a door mate to remind me of my mistake.

10. Member
    Just received mine matched to my original color! I like the binding better than the original!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Perez View Post
    Just received mine matched to my original color! I like the binding better than the original!
    Did you get Ash?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffie View Post
    Unroll it and check for correctness, mine came cut wrong. I now have a door mate to remind me of my mistake.
    Been working late this week but will check it first chance I get.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

13. Member
    LOL finally had a chance to check the carpet piece and sure enough the wrong one pattern wise. It is for a C or Z 519 not a 519VX. Called Ranger parts this am, on hold maybe 5 minutes, Matt answered and was very helpful in tracking down the error and hopefully the correct one is now in the que.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66