New Fulton F2 Sloppy

Hey there- I just installed a new F2 jackstand and XLT adapter plate. The adapter is rock solid no play at all. The F2 is also attached to the adapter nice and tight. The problem is the swing pivot. The rotational play seems excessive to me (by a lot). So much so that the jack leans quite a bit when deployed. It seems like the pull-pin diameter is way smaller than the hole it drops into to lock the jack either horizontal or vertical making the whole jack jiggley. There is no in-out play in the swing at all, it is all in the rotational lock. The pin is all the way in in either position and the play and lean of the stand is way more than the xlt it replaced. Since this is my first F2 I don’t know if this is normal. I doubt it, but could use a sanity check.
    Is this normal?
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

Yes, mine is like that also. It does bother me some, but it's a lot easier to jack it up than what was there before.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

That's what came on the trailer with my 20TRX and yeah, it does seem to have a lot of play. It is probably the only feature of the package I don't like and I hate it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I guess it is what it is.
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

A larger pin or weld the hole shut and drill it a smaller size are about the only answer I can come up with.
    I have one on a utility trailer thats the same way and the older and more worn it gets the worse it leans..

6. Member
    I have had mine for maybe 10 years. Tight close fit and almost no play. They must have changed something.

7. Member
    Would adding J B Weld to the hole help?

8. Member
    Mine has the same sloppiness too, and like the other guy it bothers me some. I removed mine and inspected it, and that's just how they made it. it's definitely a nice jack, but the amount of play was noticeable coming from the Fulton on my last boat.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250