Dragging boat over rocks... protection?

I have several really good fishing spots that require me to drag my boat over shallow rocks to get to them. My current boat's bottom is totally scratched up. I am wanting to buy a new boat, and I'm wondering if there is anyway to to protect the bottom besides UHMV? I know UHMV is an option, but it is more than I want to spend. Also, I'm not running down the river and hitting things. When I get to a shallow spot I stop, get out of the boat, and drag it. If there isn't an option, maybe I just buy a used boat that is already scratched. I just don't think I can in good conscious do what I want to do with a new boat, unless there is an option to protect the bottom.

2. Banned
    Watched a few videos about coatings. On an 18' boat, the cost was 3K and added 115 pounds to the hull. Performance was impacted as well. As to dragging over rock, I don't think I'd want to drag an additional 100 pounds.

any way to lay a section of carpet on the rocks prior to dragging the boat over it?
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunderblunder View Post
    I have several really good fishing spots that require me to drag my boat over shallow rocks to get to them. My current boat's bottom is totally scratched up. I am wanting to buy a new boat, and I'm wondering if there is anyway to to protect the bottom besides UHMV? I know UHMV is an option, but it is more than I want to spend. Also, I'm not running down the river and hitting things. When I get to a shallow spot I stop, get out of the boat, and drag it. If there isn't an option, maybe I just buy a used boat that is already scratched. I just don't think I can in good conscious do what I want to do with a new boat, unless there is an option to protect the bottom.
    I struggled with the same decisions, mostly with drifting over shallow areas... I put Wetlander on this past summer. I have to say, so far, I am very impressed. Just a tidbit to tell how slick it is... Had slides on my bunks.. Before the Wetlander, couldn't budge the boat easily at all... After, I literally could push the boat off the trailer with one hand! I had to remove the slides and redo my carpet on the bunks... Even with carpet, she slides like I am using rollers.... I did the two part application https://wetlander.myshopify.com/coll...t-half-gallons . It certainly protects the hull... I think in high wear potential areas (keel near bow) I probably should have done another coat. Truly impressive stuff... OF course the prep is a bugger... I'd say it has been well worth it...