Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Had an issue today on the water

Pulled up to a point today with my partner. Marked a group of fish in about 18 feet. Dropped on them and first cast hooked up just like it's supposed to happen. While fighting the spotted bass that was close to 3lb.... we hear a voice from the deck of a two story house on the point, about 60 yards away, yelling at us. My first reaction was the guy was just saying hello. I waved back at the guy. He didn't wave back.

My partner quickly said he's not happy. I landed the fish and the guy made some hand motions toward us and walked back in house. My partner said he thought the guy was yelling "JUST LEAVE".

I responded "I'm not leaving, he doesn't own the lake". Two casts later the guy reappears on the deck with something small and black in his hand. My partner said, " Look!" I kicked the ghost on high and trolled away as fast as possible. He went back in the house.

I can't confirm what he had in his hand as he was a good distance away and at least 40 feet higher than us. But my partner and I both are pretty sure we know what was in his hand.

Just curious if any of you would've done anything different?
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

i get no one owns the lake but some people theres no getting along with.
    only other thing you "might" have done is called the authorities after you got to a safe area. we all like to fish but its not worth getting shot over.

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastenfish View Post
    Just curious if any of you would've done anything different?
    yep,,, woulda made a phone call to the authorities.........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Member
    Yep call the law !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

I might have found out for sure what he was saying, and what he had in his hand. Binoculars? Camera?

Seems like it may be contrived drama from where I'm sitting.

6. Member
    I’d have flipped him off and hit his boat with a 10 oz weight. Punks don’t own the water. Did I do it right, fellas?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    I’d have flipped him off and hit his boat with a 10 oz weight. Punks don’t own the water. Did I do it right, fellas?
    Yes, also hit him upside the head with a 2oz spinnerbait while grabbing the 9mm in the rod locker would also be an approved BBC answer. Wait for it....

8. Member
    Definitely call the law someone can’t confront you with a gun just because they don’t like what you are doing. And another reason to always have a gun on you or in the boat while fishing.

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    A brother just wants to pee off his own back deck and ends up the subject of a Lounge thread.
    Who controls John Gill?

A friend of mine was fishing a practice day for a BASS event on Guntersville some years ago. He was way back in a cove when these guys high up on the hill started screaming we don't want you fishing our cove. He ignored them and they started throwing rocks that were landing in the water near his boat. They then shouted, the next rocks will be bigger and they will land in your boat. He left the cove.

P01135809

11. Member
    a lot of guys would have not moved.sooner or later something bad is going to happen.when you are just fishing a point and get yelled at that is pitiful.people today are just angry at the world.fishing suppose to be relaxation not stressful.but i will admit especially on the weekends fishing is more stressful than it use to be.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Definitely call the law someone can’t confront you with a gun just because they don’t like what you are doing. And another reason to always have a gun on you or in the boat while fishing.

And what, have a shootout on main street?

OP did right, add calling the cops if you are really sure about it but still not sure what they would do about it. Some things just aren't worth it.

13. Member
    I was TD in a tourn once and one of the guys came in early with someone else in his boat, I asked Scott what happened, he said he was fishing a dock and this guy came out and told him to get away from his dock, Keep in mind Scot is a pretty good size boy, about 6-3 and 250, well as Scott said he was about to leave this guy ran and jump into Scotts boat He said the only thing he could do was drop him in the drivers seat, blood everywhere. Scott had aready called the cops and the came and arrested the guy, who still didnt know where he was . LOL
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

14. Member
    Call LEO. Somethings loose in this guys head if it was a firearm. He needs to be toned down by a badge, or someone could get hurt down the line. If he sees it worked once...........

15. Member
    Have a tournament in front of his house.
    Joey Aderhold

16. Member
    Report that, they do not own the lake and they are stupid

It's like telling those golfers to get off my lawn....I own part of that land, but not the golf course.

Just kept on fishing.

18. Member
    Called the police and waited.

19. Banned
    OP, what lake were you on? You do realize there are sportsmen harassment laws in TN. I would be on the phone with LEO and TWRA today if you think you were threatened with a firearm.

20. Member
    Tell him you are there to pick up Karen.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast