Barn work- not fishing related

BBC experts- I’d like a barn and shed torn down, and a cattle shed that I’d like to get metal siding and doors put on on a farm near somerset. Y’all know anyone for this type of work? Thanks

2. Member
    I dont know of any in your area, but around here you just about have to get an Amish crew.

3. Member
    Used Amish guy and he didn’t file w9 that I sent him few years back so cpa says I have to withhold 28% for feds on any further use of the particular one I know- too bad as he did damn fine work

Pending what type of barn lumber is in the barn you might be setting on something worth some $....find someone that knows the old barn lumber market and get a reputable opinion. Some will tell people they will tare them down and haul it off for the lumber if the owner simply wants rid of the barn. What they don't tell the owner is the sell the lumber for a premium price. I don't know how the market is right now but around 5 years ago the right type of barn lumber was sky high.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I don't know how the market is right now but around 5 years ago the right type of barn lumber was sky high.
    Yep to the point that some around here were actually stealing it right off of old barns & buildings at night.

6. Member
    Yeah we re gonna build house sooner than latter and I’m gonna keep some of it for sure

7. Member
    Here is a piece of barn wood after I ran it through my planer it makes for some beautiful wood. A81EF841-DD09-437B-A425-F6BCA3AF5E00.jpeg

8. Member
    My boss borrowed a planer from me & built a farm style kitchen table out of barn lumber for his sister. Man it's nice.