Panoptix Forward View w/Perspective Mount?

Got the perspective mount and works in perspective mode fine. If I move the "arm" out to "1" and rotate to forward view, it looks like on the graph its in down image and looks like the image is upside down. Trolling motor prop is stored on the starboard side, the "S" is up and the Panoptix transducer "sticker" would be facing down toward the boat railing. Watched several videos so think that is the correct installation. My understanding the forward image will be better than perspective? I'll check my software version but it hasn't been that long since the unit was updated. Still learning this unit so I'm sure it's a user issue. Thanks for any help!

2. Member
    Don’t know if this will help but here’s a picture mounted on the starboard side in forward mode but on a pole.
    Attachment 433735
    Last edited by BASStard6344; 12-22-2020 at 11:07 AM.

WOW... That is some setup. Wish you was local so you can teach me how to use all those electronics.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    WOW... That is some setup. Wish you was local so you can teach me how to use all those electronics.
    Haha, I haven’t had them very long and still have lots to learn. Lots and lots of great information here and the other electronic forums that I have been learning from and they all can be very helpful .

Also might want to try and post a picture. That would definitely help the experts here in a diagnosis .
    Last edited by BASStard6344; 12-22-2020 at 01:10 PM.

5. Member
    I just did the perspective mount install over the weekend. The standard mount is in forward mode and I think the one perspective pic is as well. Hopefully these pics help you out.
    perspective front.jpglivescope std.jpgperspective view.jpg
    2020 Ranger RT178C
    Bow: Garmin 93sv uhd & livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Console: Garmin 73sv uhd
    Cumberland Crappie spider rig

Quote Originally Posted by jm_middleton View Post
    I just did the perspective mount install over the weekend. The standard mount is in forward mode and I think the one perspective pic is as well. Hopefully these pics help you out.
    perspective front.jpglivescope std.jpgperspective view.jpg
    Okay mine is installed correctly. So guess its a head unit issue not changing to the correct view?

7. Member

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also go into your menu and make sure the orientation is set to Auto.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS