Youghiogheny Dam Ramp Big Improvement

Well something fishing related to talk about. I was talking to Steiny tonight and he informed me that they had done some work at the RT 40 bridge ramp. (SOMERFIELD NORTH)

Looking at their Facebook site they have widened the ramp by 18 feet. That means three lanes. In addition they have added to the length for improved lower water access.

That is the good news. The bad news is that it is still the worse ramp on the lake on weekends. You will find the most ignorant old men in pleasure boats on this ramp. You know they own both the ramp and dock. A lot of new boaters. It may be new three ramp but ends up still being one. Also some of the worse parking.

However it is the most exciting one. Expect to see motors dragged the length of the ramp. The most jacked knife trailers. The most boats that don't start. The most bumps and bangs between boars.the most impatient people they just tie up to your boat and walk over it. It gets really exciting seeing boats hit the rock bank, yeah they do that. The most forgotten drain plugs, the most fist fights.

But during the week days it is going to look like an aircraft carrier deck.

Check out- https://www.facebook.com/YoughioghenyUSACE/

2. Goby King
    I'm always loading up there by the time the excitement starts!

Sounds like a place for some great entertainment on a Sunday afternoon

4. Member
    Yesterday my wife and I took a ride and stopped to see the new ramp at the 40 boat launch.

They did a really nice job. There are three lanes marked by lines with depth numbers of the lake on the left side.

However it is going to be interesting they could not make three lanes from the top. So you actualy have to start down the ramp on the original two lanes and make a sharp right then left as your backing down the ramp.

There are going to be people who try to do this and I think it will be fun to watch. For early bass tournament this will now be probably the best launch to use assuming bass fishermen are better at back up their trailers.

So sad though the water was up thebdockmis in and the launch is block.