Hello from a new member and question about removing water spots

Hello all from Texas!
    First off I want to thank the Bass Boat Central folks and moderators for building such a great set of forums! I have browsed quite a few threads and have learned quite a bit and noted some great upgrade tips!!

I purchased my 175TXW back in April and I love my boat. I have done a few upgrades and have plans for more and more and more until I trade up in a few years and start all over again

About water spots.... I live in Texas and although I wipe down the boat with microfiber towels as soon as I get off the lake.. during our hot summer i had water spots form prior to getting boat off the water
    I have purchased a few items from BPS.. but they seem to not work well so I want to know what you all might use to remove water spots if you get them.

Thank you in advance!!

2. Banned
    50/50 white vinegar and distilled water. Can even go a little heavier on the vinegar if you want. Spray on wipe off

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    50/50 white vinegar and distilled water. Can even go a little heavier on the vinegar if you want. Spray on wipe off
    Thank you very much! To be honest, my wife had mentioned to use vinegar and I brushed her off.. I will try that tomorrow after work and please do not tell her she was right tho I do like the idea of distilled water which I do keep at least 5 gallons as I use to top off the solar charged deep cycle batteries that I use to light my man cave.

4. Member
    Barkeepers friend works too, it isn't an abrasive but it is an acid (so is vinegar, BKF is just stronger) so it won't scratch but it could remove protective coatings.

5. Member
    Thank you kcinnick, I will try the vinegar/distilled water first as we always have that at the house but will note down the barkeepers friend.
    I should be able to use either on the motor cover too right? It is not aluminum (atleast I do not think) but it gets spotted badly as well even though I try to wipe off excess water once I get off the ramp before driving home.

6. Banned
    Give it a good ceramic coating and the water rolls off before it can leave water spots.

7. Member
    Lucas Slick Mist..you can wipe your whole boat down with it.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Lucas Slick Mist..you can wipe your whole boat down with it.
    This. Makes mine shine like new. Makes it smell good too.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Banned
    I would strongly urge against the use of bar keepers on anything you don't want fine scratches in. I don't know about the spray one but the powdered one you mix with water is abrasive

10. Member
    Thank you all again for the great responses. I was able to get 99% of the water spots off using a mix of vinegar and water. I am going to order some Lucas Slick Mist as it does sound like it works great and will aide in stopping future spots.

Thank you Tinman for the warning on scratches forming from the bar keepers!!

I took Monday off just to take the boat out and hope to put a few in the livewell. Happy Holidays to you all!

11. Banned
    Don't let your wife figure out you know how to clean graphs or you'll be cleaning all the windows in the house

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    Don't let your wife figure out you know how to clean graphs or you'll be cleaning all the windows in the house
    You sir are a smart man!!