Bobby8

Fiberglass center step

Has a date been established for owners to purchase the fiberglass center step? Haven’t heard anything for a while. I don’t see it available in the BassCat Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby8 View Post
    Has a date been established for owners to purchase the fiberglass center step? Haven’t heard anything for a while. I don’t see it available in the BassCat Store.
    Its not planned to be tooled for individual boats and only available on new orders. Alot of guys are liking the grind 5 step box consoles.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    I thought they were having problems with the lid warping on the Grind 5 boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattail22 View Post
    I thought they were having problems with the lid warping on the Grind 5 boxes?
    I dont know much about their product other than it gets posted weekly on the fb owners page....
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Bobby8
    Seen a lot of issues with the grind 5 on line. I sure thought I had read the box would be available to all but Covid set them back

6. Member
    Grind 5 box lids were warping. I do know they were quick to replace the lids for customers. I don't know if the warping issue has been corrected.
    As for the glass center console from Bass Cat, its still offered only on new production boats.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

They actually have built after market molds, though they not started offering it as the staff is still short handed.

We are low on staff in several departments and can’t build enough boats to keep up with demand. Orders have out paced us for some time now and a specialty part like this requires the skilled staff, which we are short on in all 5 production areas this part goes through. There are three fiberglass parts to build plus the hardware.

A simple part like this touches hands in the Mold Dept, Gel Coat, Lamination, Boxing, Finish and Shipping.

We are still working to improve labor levels and CoVid related situations definitely have hampered staffing. We had hoped unemployed labor would give us an uptick, from staff reductions at other local marine facilities, though apparently it has not.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They actually have built after market molds, though they not started offering it as the staff is still short handed.

We are low on staff in several departments and can’t build enough boats to keep up with demand. Orders have out paced us for some time now and a specialty part like this requires the skilled staff, which we are short on in all 5 production areas this part goes through. There are three fiberglass parts to build plus the hardware.

A simple part like this touches hands in the Mold Dept, Gel Coat, Lamination, Boxing, Finish and Shipping.

We are still working to improve labor levels and CoVid related situations definitely have hampered staffing. We had hoped unemployed labor would give us an uptick, from staff reductions at other local marine facilities, though apparently it has not.
    Not derailing this thread.
    I have a lot of empathy for the small and medium-sized businesses as they are the ones who have been targeted and are suffering the most because of this flue thing...

Key word "skilled" labor. That is always in short supply.

10. Bobby8
    Thank you for the update BCB.

11. Member
    Thanks for the update. I would still love to purchase one for my 2016 Cougar if they become available.
    2023 Puma STS