Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Purvis View Post
    I was in Zephyrhills, and we had a little more than Plant City did. I know they got a light dusting out in Knights Griffin in and Cork area. Cousins over in Trapnell almost had nothing. That was a shocker to see snow!
    That's where I grew up, just east of Cooper, off Knights Griffin. Heard about snow on the news. Went out and it was a frost on the ground, like seen many other times. But didn't see any snow. Remember seeing it on the news though. Went to Cork Elementary school. Lots of family lives at the Cork and Knights Griffin area now. Sister and brother inlaw just sold their 2 story house, and temporarily going to be staying in Antioch till their new house in Inverness is done.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    That's where I grew up, just east of Cooper, off Knights Griffin. Heard about snow on the news. Went out and it was a frost on the ground, like seen many other times. But didn't see any snow. Remember seeing it on the news though. Went to Cork Elementary school. Lots of family lives at the Cork and Knights Griffin area now. Sister and brother inlaw just sold their 2 story house, and temporarily going to be staying in Antioch till their new house in Inverness is done.
    Use to get to see my relatives on the news during the cold back then. They were strawberry farmers. Dukes

3. Member
    Got an uncle on Bob Head, aunt on Strauss and uncle died about a year ago lived off Knights Griffin. Mom grew up on Boot Bay .

4. Member
    I'm really pissed. Planned on outdoor dining but I guess that's not going to happen.
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Got an uncle on Bob Head, aunt on Strauss and uncle died about a year ago lived off Knights Griffin. Mom grew up on Boot Bay .
    I grew up around your relatives. I didn't remember how to spell Strauss. So I left it out. We were just a little closer to Cooper Rd. But almost between Strauss & Cooper, down a long dirt road off Knights Griffin. Enjoyed growing up in what was country back then!

6. Member
    My uncle lived on Peeples Rd. That was beautiful country!!! Palmettos, cows, orange groves, and strawberry fields.

7. Member
    My uncle lived on Peeples Rd. That was beautiful country!!! Palmettos, cows, orange groves, and strawberry fields.
    Use to be really nice out there!
    Population, changes everything.

8. Member
    Use to be really nice out there!
    Population, changes everything.
    Yep. I think he was the first house on Peeples. Bought the land in the late 50's and cut a hole in and cleared the spot to build a house.

9. Member
    Yep. I think he was the first house on Peeples. Bought the land in the late 50's and cut a hole in and cleared the spot to build a house.
    We had family in Lakeland and Dover for many years before. But I don't think my dad purchased off What turned out to be named Knights Griffin Rd. till 1965 I believe. Because he use to say he bought it before my older brother was born. And I have 2 sisters older than him. So guess by the way I use to hear it from my dad. Use to be a Route1 box number for a few years before address changed to a Knights Griffin Rd address.

10. Member

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    They had fun in Tallahassee in 1899.

12. Member
    LOL, seeing these about 4 times a day now --

Falling iguana alert! Cold weather in Florida may cause iguanas to fall out of trees. But they're not dead.

Can't make this chit up

I remember spending Christmas in Key West with my uncle and his family. He owned Southernmost Texaco from the mid 40s to the mid 80s. It got down to near 50 degrees while we were there, they were miserable! We left snow and ice here in KY., so it felt like Spring to us.

(606)305-1956

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    They had fun in Tallahassee in 1899.
    That's a cool picture! Something else to me to see the amount of snow there! I don't want anything to do with it, but it can be cool to see in pictures. If prediction I seen is correct, 20's down here Christmas night. In the past when I fished The Lakeland Bassmasters, our season opener a few different years was in the 20's on Winter Haven chain of lakes. You could see frost all over in some spots.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    LOL, seeing these about 4 times a day now --

Falling iguana alert! Cold weather in Florida may cause iguanas to fall out of trees. But they're not dead.

Can't make this chit up
    Iguana meat will be for sale here shortly. I remember the first time I ever heard of the alerts. Was wondering if it was a joke. Then started hearing people were trying to collect as many as possible to sale for their meat. Haven't tried it.

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Taste like chicken.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Taste like chicken.
    Huh, I figured it would taste like lizard

18. Banned

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

20. Member
    We had family in Lakeland and Dover for many years before. But I don't think my dad purchased off What turned out to be named Knights Griffin Rd. till 1965 I believe. Because he use to say he bought it before my older brother was born. And I have 2 sisters older than him. So guess by the way I use to hear it from my dad. Use to be a Route1 box number for a few years before address changed to a Knights Griffin Rd address.
    That is a cool story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast