Factory Battery Charger, Lithiums?

Unsure of the the brand charger I have in my 2021 721(In winter storage), I assume they are all the same from factory. Can they charge Lithiums?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

2. Member
    most chargers are the Dual pro and will NOT charge lithiums...

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    as stated above its probally a DualPro ( Pro Charging systems ) , if its a 4 bank its a SS4, not capable of charging any brand of lithium correctly with out re-programming by dualpro

the most common chargers that are known to work well with lithium are
    IONIC
    MinnKota Precision
    NOCO Gen 4
    PowerPole Charge
    Stealth

there are a few Pro Mariner's that will work and AnnMarie says theirs will work
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    And the Ionic is probably a better deal money wise over the MK and designed for Ionic Lith batteries.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

You can sell the original for around $300 and pay for a new Ionic. Plus you will loose about 12 pounds.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

will the Ionic charge a lead acid or AMG if a guy still used one of those for a cranking battery?
    Joe Hall
    Lake City, MN
    Phoenix 721
    XP/ 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MN Phoenix View Post
    will the Ionic charge a lead acid or AMG if a guy still used one of those for a cranking battery?
    Yes it will. I charge a lead acid cranking battery and lithium trolling batteries with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryKerber View Post
    Yes it will. I charge a lead acid cranking battery and lithium trolling batteries with mine.
    And I charge one AGM with mine

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdaddy View Post
    most chargers are the Dual pro and will NOT charge lithiums...
    It’s $50 for the 1st bank and $10 for every additional bank to have the charging algorithms changed to lithium. Turnaround in 1 week for me about three weeks ago��

11. Member
    Guys...... any charger will work, it just doesn’t work correctly! The algorithms for Lithium’s is a full hard 14 volt charge with no taper like lead acid requires. A tapered charge will cut the life of a Lifepo4 Lithium in half!

12. Member
    Good morning, guys, how's everyone doing today?

As poe400 mentioned, any charger will work. Promariner is a good brand, smaller Victrons work as well, such as some of these: https://citimarinestore.com/en/489-v...ttery-chargers

Yes, it should, from my understanding.

13. Member
    Get the Power Pole Charging system if you can afford the $1200-$1300 price. It was well worth it to me

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    You can sell the original for around $300 and pay for a new Ionic. Plus you will loose about 12 pounds.
    Closer to 20 pounds lol. IIRC when I pulled the dual pro it was like 28-29 pounds and the Ionic was 9.
    Fish have fins, they swim

15. Member
    Just got my new 2022 721i with the factory 4 bank Pro charger. I have Battle Born Lithiums and it works fine. Fully charges my batteries in about 30 minutes

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoppa Stoppa View Post
    Just got my new 2022 721i with the factory 4 bank Pro charger. I have Battle Born Lithiums and it works fine. Fully charges my batteries in about 30 minutes
    be sure and check your voltage , the dual pro will always look like it has charged any lithium battery fine , lights may turn green and show charged but batteries could be at 80%
    info@drewcraft.com

My 721 came with a MK PC 460 charger. I thought that was standard. I believe it will charge lithiums if you set battery type to AGM on the charger. Each bank is selectable on the MK PC chargers. You can select lead acid, gel, or AGM.