Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    How do you like the Safe Floor?

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I used hydroturf on my last boat. It was wonderful and the only company that made a sheet big enough to do it without a seam. I am actually getting a company to do my current boat next week, but its some local stuff called safe-floor - whole different concept and no DIY

2. Banned
    I have the same question. Aquatraction makes a pretty big deal on their site that they use PE foam vs. EVA. They say it is far more stable, durable and uniform. What is SeaDek made out of? Their site: "SeaDek is made from UV-resistant closed-cell PE/EVA foam". Sooo...SeaDeck is a hybrid of PE/EVA and Aquatraction is "pure" PE?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Aquatraction is stating their material is PE foam and not EVA? Is their a difference?

Don

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Carpet will last longer. When was the last time you didn’t see foam tear or fall apart from the sun? I like the look of the sea deck, but not a fan of the long term use.

I had seadek on the casting platform of my previous boat for over 5 years. Lots of salt water use, hot, direct sun and never a problem with tears or rips. It would bruise if something heavy fell on it, but it didn't stain or discolor.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brimster View Post
    I have the same question. Aquatraction makes a pretty big deal on their site that they use PE foam vs. EVA. They say it is far more stable, durable and uniform. What is SeaDek made out of? Their site: "SeaDek is made from UV-resistant closed-cell PE/EVA foam". Sooo...SeaDeck is a hybrid of PE/EVA and Aquatraction is "pure" PE?
    that is correct, sea dek is a hybrid of Eva and PE while Aqua Traction is a 100% PE product making it more durable, more resistant to staining and more resistant to molding. Aqua traction advertises you can use any common cleaner to clean their floors while sea dek requires a specific product they sell. AquaTraction has videos of this on YouTube.

See the vid above I posted. Aquatraction is very hard to stain and extremely durable.
    www.ncboatguy.com

Everyone, we like Carpeting better. If AquaTrax is PE we are not sure. We had AquaT on our first Yar-Craft 2095 BTX model and switched to SeaDeck with no significant difference in durability. PE is supposedly better if that is PE.

9. Member
    Impressive video !

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Everyone, we like Carpeting better. If AquaTrax is PE we are not sure. We had AquaT on our first Yar-Craft 2095 BTX model and switched to SeaDeck with no significant difference in durability. PE is supposedly better if that is PE.
    How long did you evaluate the Aquatraction before switching to Sea Deck to be able to say there was no significant difference? I promise you when boats come in my shop that the floors that have a little age and mostly saltwater “fishing” use on them....the Sea Deck looks used up.
    www.ncboatguy.com

We agree and we saw little difference in AquaTrax and SeaDeck after two seasons. The 2095 BTX started in the steering wheel version model year 2016. The entire boat is a flooring material and most are just used 4-6 months in walleye. We moved to SeaDeck on the new 2020 219 TFX and while we only have a limited time on it the wear is more noticeable on high use products.

However, it’s what customers want and we are navigating our way to some format of this in a hybrid fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We agree and we saw little difference in AquaTrax and SeaDeck after two seasons. The 2095 BTX started in the steering wheel version model year 2016. The entire boat is a flooring material and most are just used 4-6 months in walleye. We moved to SeaDeck on the new 2020 219 TFX and while we only have a limited time on it the wear is more noticeable on high use products.

However, it’s what customers want and we are navigating our way to some format of this in a hybrid fashion.
    Thanks for sharing that.. I've been contemplating putting some in my boat but keep here conflicting reports.. I put a lot of stock in your knowledge.
    Would love to find something that is extremely durable in the high traffic areas and easy to maintain.. I use my boat

Quote Originally Posted by jatkins1981 View Post
    Was thinking about doing the cockpit floor area of my 2009 z520 with some sort of closed cell foam flooring, any advice on brands that are good?
    I have sea dek in our powerboat... I will use Gatorstep next time. It's alright for what it is... only reason i bought the seadek was that they had the pattern already and the colors i needed.

gatorstep is probably the best one ive seen...most of my friends have went that direction. Sea dek will indent with an impact and can be a PITA to clean...beer also will stain it..just saying lol

Again, we believe there are only two manufacturers of EVA importing from China. Pick a brand you won’t know which is which.

15. Member
    Have Sea Dek 2021 Xpress which I've had for 5 months and put the power washer on it today for the first time, after 30 minutes it was completely dry and looking good as ever. Hit the stains with a degreaser and wiped clean. Of course I can't say about long term but as of now I'd never have carpet again. Love the feel of the stuff and it seems easier on my aching 66 year old joints plus it's so much easier to clean which was the main reason I had to have it. Great to have options to choose from in todays boats.

16. Member
    Any idea how much it would cost to replace the carpet with sea dew on a 22 foot Family fisherman Pontoon boat? Thank you

17. Member
    I installed a light grey Aqua Traction in my new boat in early 2020. The boat sits in a covered dock and the boat itself has another cover over the boat so the floor is still in excellent shape. However mine is very easy to stain. If lake water (say from an anchor rope) or rain water that puddled in the trailering cover gets on the floor there is an outline stain from the water kind of like a ring around the area that got wet. I usually clean that area with an upholstery cleaner and that gets rid of it. It is high maintenance (at least for me) so we do everything possible not to get wet spots on it. Do not put a heavy pointed object on the floor as it will put a hole in the floor easily as well. Other than that it looks and feels very good.

Thanks for the report.
    I almost went that route but saw several conflicting reports. Gladd, I waited. There have been a lot of bass boats done in the last year or so.
    Be interesting to see how they hold up in a couple of years.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jatkins1981 View Post
    I had a guy from texas that installs it quote me 650$ for just the material for the cockpit area of my ranger, it is pre-cut for each individual boat, I thought that was a little pricey for such a small area.
    I used the Chinese stuff in the well of my boat. I bought it off Amazon.....$100....looks good and, so far, has worked out flawlessly.

It's a bit dirty in the pic, but, it looks and feels better than carpet.

1120211058a_HDR~2.jpg

20. Member
    I have it in my Phoenix. I like it just for the fact that it dries way faster than carpet. It is harder to keep looking good. Everything shows, unlike carpet. Boat is 2 years old and only has a few scuffs from dog paws. Would I order it again? Probably.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12